PDA

View Full Version : What is your method of carry?

UGA
07-11-2009, 06:49 PM
Just a poll to see which is most common.

rkbartley
07-11-2009, 07:29 PM
I have never been one to be afraid to show my ignorance so here goes....

I carry a HK P2000sk...its not a 1911 style but it does have a decock....it is quite different from the XD/Glock. I carry chambered, decocked...which option, as offered, do I choose? :confused:

rkb

UGA
07-11-2009, 07:35 PM
I have never been one to be afraid to show my ignorance so here goes....

I carry a HK P2000sk...its not a 1911 style but it does have a decock....it is quite different from the XD/Glock. I carry chambered, decocked...which option, as offered, do I choose? :confused:

rkb

In your case, I would pick 1911-chambered & decocked.

Is it hammerless? Trying to think without looking it up.

I chose 1911 for hammers and XD/Glock for hammerless striker fired. I guess Beretta 92 and the Taurus clone would have to go to the hammered type 1911.

If you have a striker fired w/decock, I can add the option.

Thought I covered 'em all. Oops!:o

Rossi
07-11-2009, 08:33 PM
I agree, 1911 w/decock.

Which version? Nice Gun

Rossi

PS: A bud has the Taurus 92M. He might argue with you as which one is the clone. He carries locked and cocked. 1911, chambered w/safety. Same with my 1986 Taurus 99AF Military Issue....it's the bedroom gun....very dangerous tool.

UGA
07-11-2009, 08:49 PM
PS: A bud has the Taurus 92M. He might argue with you as which one is the clone. He carries locked and cocked. 1911, chambered w/safety. Same with my 1986 Taurus 99AF Military Issue....it's the bedroom gun....very dangerous tool.

LOL, tell your bud, no pun was intended. I just went with who was first to build the concept.:D

Rossi
07-11-2009, 09:00 PM
Concept indeed. 1980, Taurus buys the factory, adds 4 major changes to the Taurus version and issues. But....you'll have to get in line...I give him the business all the time about Beretta-light and all that. In reality, both are great guns in my opinion.

Rossi

rkbartley
07-12-2009, 12:47 AM
Rossi, it's a V3 (DA/SA w/ decocker).

UGA, it has a hammer. I started to chose the 1911-chambered & decocked option; however, I have a friend who would razz me unmercifully for comparing my little HK with one of his precious 1911s. But since it seems to be a consensus with you and Rossi, it works for me...my friend (he knows who he is) will just have to get over it!! :D

rkb

Rossi
07-12-2009, 09:48 AM
rkb: Like your friend, I, too, am an old 'Corps 1911 shooter but with broader tollerances for what a 1911 is. If it followed Browning's general concept of a semi-auto, it's a 1911 for the purposes UGA asked for, in my opinion.

It's like Harley-Davidson motorcycles. Some Harley riders are all amped up about riders who don't ride Harleys. For me, if a guy/gal is in the wind, they are in my camp no matter what they ride.

Rossi

Bebo
07-12-2009, 02:14 PM
Rossi, it's a V3 (DA/SA w/ decocker).

UGA, it has a hammer. I started to chose the 1911-chambered & decocked option; however, I have a friend who would razz me unmercifully for comparing my little HK with one of his precious 1911s. But since it seems to be a consensus with you and Rossi, it works for me...my friend (he knows who he is) will just have to get over it!! :D

rkb

Only a Texas girl would be bold enough to compare a HK with a 1911 .. If you would buy a nice 3 inch kimber, you would not have to pretend your HK is a 1911 .. But True friends will forgive anything Rosemary:rolleyes:

rkbartley
07-12-2009, 05:40 PM
Only a Texas girl would be bold enough to compare a HK with a 1911 .. If you would buy a nice 3 inch kimber, you would not have to pretend your HK is a 1911 .. But True friends will forgive anything Rosemary:rolleyes:

Ha...if you were a friend you would send me that nice little Kimber of yours for my birthday! :rolleyes: No reason for you to have more than one...then I could retire the HK to plinking at the range on Sunday afternoons! :D

rkb

Sgt T
07-12-2009, 10:12 PM
No matter which handgun I am carrying, Colt, Kimber, Glock, Beretta or Revolver. They are all loaded with a round in the chamber. 1911s with hammer cocked, safety on. Beretta decocked with safety off (as worn while in the Air Force), Glock and Revolvers, simplicity itself.

Bebo
07-13-2009, 01:20 AM
Ha...if you were a friend you would send me that nice little Kimber of yours for my birthday! :rolleyes: No reason for you to have more than one...then I could retire the HK to plinking at the range on Sunday afternoons! :D

rkb

Hummm let me think, your birthday is Sept 14th .. yep just keep watching the mail box and let me know if some friend sends you a Kimber ultra for your 33 birthday???

rkbartley
07-13-2009, 07:20 AM
Hummm let me think, your birthday is Sept 14th .. yep just keep watching the mail box and let me know if some friend sends you a Kimber ultra for your 33 birthday???

UGA, the hijack is over (sorry 'bout that)...he isn't going to fued...not going to get the Kimber for my birthday either...darn. :(

rkb

bill21
07-13-2009, 07:38 AM
It's like Harley-Davidson motorcycles. Some Harley riders are all amped up about riders who don't ride Harleys. For me, if a guy/gal is in the wind, they are in my camp no matter what they ride. i

Hear hear! I own an Harley and a BMW, and it doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you're riding and having fun.

bill21
07-13-2009, 07:44 AM
No matter which handgun I am carrying, Colt, Kimber, Glock, Beretta or Revolver. They are all loaded with a round in the chamber.

Yup, I responed 1911, chambered with safety, as that is how I carry my Kimber, condition one. IMHO how 1911s are designed to be carried.

I am also quite comfortable carrying my XD-9 sub chambered. If your finger isn't in the guard, you don't have much to worry about.

Although Ayoob has a point, if someone does get your weapon from you, the time it takes the bad guy to figure out and get the safety off on the 1911 buys you valuable time.

UGA
07-13-2009, 11:43 AM
UGA, the hijack is over (sorry 'bout that)...he isn't going to fued...not going to get the Kimber for my birthday either...darn. :(

rkb

Not being hijacked IMO, carry on...;)

Cottonmouth
07-13-2009, 07:28 PM
I carry a Springfield 9mm EMP, one up the spout, cocked, with the safety on.

Roy

bill21
07-14-2009, 07:37 AM
I carry a Springfield 9mm EMP, one up the spout, cocked, with the safety on.

Very nice, I'd love to get my hands on an EMP someday, but as we know it is hard to find anything concealable these days.

How do you like the EMP?

Rossi
07-14-2009, 10:37 AM
I'll let my bud Cottonmouth speak for himself, but we are both EMP shooters. I carried 1911 cannons for many years but as I got older, I needed something lighter and faster. The Springfield Armory EMP in the 9mm filled the bill.

I have almost 900 break-in rounds through it without a malfunction. With the 3" barrel you have to understand the limitations accuracy-wise but that's ok.

There is still a place in the world for cannons, bedrooms, garages, car-guns etc.....I just don't carry them anymore.

The EMP is a little hard to find because no one gets rid of them. They were All-Everybody's Handgun Of The Year in 2007.

The worthiness of EMP's was not UGA's question, but however....that is how it is carried...locked and cocked with safety on.

Rossi

bill21
07-14-2009, 11:53 AM
The EMP is a little hard to find because no one gets rid of them. They were All-Everybody's Handgun Of The Year in 2007.

Well, if I ever find one, I'll have it.