PDA

View Full Version : What say you??

mmszbi
08-25-2010, 09:13 PM
Im curious how many of you think that our country is headed for some really bad times? Maybe not anarchy, but civil unrest and/or citizens vs PTB (powers that be)?

Rossi
08-26-2010, 08:19 AM
Everywhere I look, pollsters, some I really look to, say cover up with your poncho to avoid the blood spray.

Then the Lame Duck period.

Let's take this pole again on 15 Jan 2011 after the temperature of the voters has been taken.

Rossi

Decline
08-26-2010, 01:35 PM
I don't think this country is infuriated enough to take up arms yet, but I do feel like if things continue to go the way they are it will happen within 10 years.

If the democrat's don't lose power it will get nasty. If the republicans gain power and misuse it again it will get nasty. I hope they remember that we are watching closely now like we should have been doing before!

Bebo
08-26-2010, 04:37 PM
I have grave concerns about major civil unrest ... more due to massive unemployment and economic issues, the expansion of the federal government at the expense of the local and state government is a dangerous shift of power that can only lead to serious problems.
Large central governments historically must grow or be replaced .. former soviet union is a good example and not beyond what could happen to our large central government. I see the tea party movement and others as healthy pressure relief valves for the people generally to reduce the large central government influence.
In the same way that individual people can become delusional and out of touch with reality, so can government ruling powers ..when I heard supporters talking about how things are getting better economically and socially .. I see delusional people and they are not likely to see how bad things are until it is too late and they will become dangerous when confronted with the truth of their firm delusions.
As I look around, I do not recognize the America that I grew up in ... the work ethic is nearly gone, schools do not prepare young people with the skills to compete so standards are reduced to allow for uneducated young people to pass high school without skills to succeed in basic reading, writing and math, large populations are supported and cared for in prisons and other welfare systems. Medical care is in big trouble and only being made worse by large government control.
I can easily see food riots in the future, massive under employment or unemployment for large segments of society that are counting on the central government to take care of them, resulting in large increases in crime that will require the central government to repress all people to maintain control of the streets. The more I see oil spills, social disputes over muslim rights, racial issues, demonizing the rich and large industries, political divisions, economic "leveling of the Playing field" .. the more I believe the central government is creating divisions to increase its power and moving the population to civil unrest so they can come to the rescue if we are willing to give up all our personal rights and allow the central government do as it sees fit within the constitution or not.... yep I am getting serious about gardening and guns for self reliance.

NWFFT
08-28-2010, 06:18 PM
I have grave concerns about major civil unrest ... more due to massive unemployment and economic issues, the expansion of the federal government at the expense of the local and state government is a dangerous shift of power that can only lead to serious problems.
Large central governments historically must grow or be replaced .. former soviet union is a good example and not beyond what could happen to our large central government. I see the tea party movement and others as healthy pressure relief valves for the people generally to reduce the large central government influence.
In the same way that individual people can become delusional and out of touch with reality, so can government ruling powers ..when I heard supporters talking about how things are getting better economically and socially .. I see delusional people and they are not likely to see how bad things are until it is too late and they will become dangerous when confronted with the truth of their firm delusions.
As I look around, I do not recognize the America that I grew up in ... the work ethic is nearly gone, schools do not prepare young people with the skills to compete so standards are reduced to allow for uneducated young people to pass high school without skills to succeed in basic reading, writing and math, large populations are supported and cared for in prisons and other welfare systems. Medical care is in big trouble and only being made worse by large government control.
I can easily see food riots in the future, massive under employment or unemployment for large segments of society that are counting on the central government to take care of them, resulting in large increases in crime that will require the central government to repress all people to maintain control of the streets. The more I see oil spills, social disputes over muslim rights, racial issues, demonizing the rich and large industries, political divisions, economic "leveling of the Playing field" .. the more I believe the central government is creating divisions to increase its power and moving the population to civil unrest so they can come to the rescue if we are willing to give up all our personal rights and allow the central government do as it sees fit within the constitution or not.... yep I am getting serious about gardening and guns for self reliance.

I second COMPLETELY what Bebo said. A few things that I am doing is buying extra non-perishable food items since the soil is not good for gardening in Florida and I have 2 months of water stored. I have also got a adequate supply of ammunition for the majority of my guns. I think that even if conservatives gain control of congress, there may be minor outbreaks of civil unrest, but I don't think that anything major will occur. If the liberals maintain control and keep forcing BS down our throats, and we attempt to launch a rebellion, who will be the opposition?...the U.S. military? or other?...just MTCW

dnola
08-28-2010, 08:57 PM
I second COMPLETELY what Bebo said. ........ If the liberals maintain control and keep forcing BS down our throats, and we attempt to launch a rebellion, who will be the opposition?...the U.S. military? or other?...just MTCW

Civil unrest is inevitable unless a complete change is accomplished in DC this year. Unfortunately, I see little hope of that happening. The change that will take place will be too little, too late. I cannot even see the conservatives taking congress in November. The primaries that have happened recently show that people just are not as concerned as they should be. The civil unrest will not come only from a just uprising against the government policies. The first encounters will come as a result of the strife and poverty that will encompass first our cities and then our country side. This has already started in other parts of the globe and will spread to the U.S. The U.S. military will indeed be the opposition as they will be convinced by the politicians that it is their duty to put down the rabble that are armed and a threat to the political rule. Changed rules will make it so that members of the military will be threatened by imprisonment or death if they oppose the leadership. It will be "unpatriotic" to side with the conservative "militia thugs." The armed militias will be regarded as having no higher purpose than the gangs that roam our cities today.

Obviously, a militia would have little effect against a single purposed military establishment. The only remedy would be a concerted effort to divide the loyalty within the military itself; a job that I would consider a 50/50 possibility. My advise is have a plan and that plan should not include an attempt to survive in the inter-cities with which so many of us are now familiar.

I know. I sound like a kook. Check back with me in June of next year and tell me how you're doing. :cry:

dnola
08-08-2011, 08:57 AM
In wandering about on ASD, I came across this one year old thread. I found it a little more than just interesting to see what we were saying about the country a year ago. The currently unfolding situation in this country is exactly what most of us were predicting. There are times when you just hope that you are wrong but reality sets in sooner or later. I'll make another prediction. A year from today we will see "official" unemployment at near 12% which translates to an actual figure of close to 27%. That means that approximately a third of the US population will be employed. The rest of them will be living off the ones with jobs... or stealing from them. I don't like what I see on the horizon. :sad:

rkbartley
08-08-2011, 12:50 PM
Oh my, dnola....I wasn't paying attention to the dates, just saw the '8' for August and assumed the posts were all recent...that is until I got to you post from this morning. I now have a really nasty case of heartburn and a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach..........................................

rkb

Rossi
08-08-2011, 03:33 PM
Interesting indeed.

My favorite posters said a landslide, and it all worked out.

The bad news was the inability to control the Lame Duck.

Rossi

mmszbi
08-11-2011, 10:16 AM
Folks, now a year later and if you were not fearing your goverment then, you sure as hell should be now. I consider all of you my friends whether or not I have met you and I want....no NEED you all to hear this....

Get a years minimum food pantry built up of non perishible food NOW....time is running short to do so. Get at least 3 ways of cooking food, minimum. Get extra clothes, footwear, entertainment. Makes your plans to shelter in place or get somewhere safe should civil unrest becomin' your way. Get your first aid, vitamins, medications stocked up if you can, quickly. Get your ammo and spare parts stocked. Get the learning curve on food storage, dehydrating, gardneing started now!

If the crap happening overseas and most recently in London, even the flash mobs here in the US are any indication, we are in for a storm the likes of which we have never seen. Get prepared!

threecentermass
10-06-2011, 12:42 PM
People, Please take action to secure your family's needs, Make sure you can stand on your own for at least 6 months. Know who you can trust and where they can be contacted, If you can't trust your family's life with these people find someone you can trust.

countybob
10-12-2011, 03:52 PM
i think the point has been reached where there is no way to stop a collapse of the current infrastructure. the only question remaining is the time line. each generation of americans has been a little more successful than the previous, but recent history shows this trend reversing, i live in the midwest and see every day the factories like john deere, j i case and international harvester that were booming in my youth now closed and empty.the only question that remains is, will it start slowly like a landslide building momentum as it goes or burst like a bubble????????