PDA

View Full Version : The .22 Conversion for Training

Sgt T
04-14-2009, 10:09 PM
As all of you know ammo is hard to find, and expensive when you do. That is one reason why training with a .22 conversion kit is more important than ever. I own a Ceiner conversion kit for my 1911's. It work on my Colt and my Kimber equally well. There are several makers of the kits. I plan on getting one for my Glock and Beretta pistols as well.

The nice thing about using the .22 kit is that I can still use my lower (same grip and trigger pull) while shooting about 10 shots of .22 for the same cost as 1 shot of .45ACP. The kit can pay for itself in short order.

Many people deride the .22, saying that you need to use full power ammo. I have to say, "phooey", which is a technical term for "wrong." The same skills are required for the .22 as for the larger calibers. In fact you might even correct any flinching or trigger control problems you have developed with the full power ammo.

I will be using my .22 conversion for the upcoming Personal Protection Outside The Home Instructor course I am attending this coming weekend.

While I do like the conversion kit a good quality .22 pistol will do just fine. I have a Ruger 22/45 which I use for both students and myself. I may even add a Walther P22 to my collection. My mom has one and I sure do like it.

In these uncertain time it is imperative that we get the most bang for the buck. You can get a box of 333 rds at Wallyworld for about $15. Additionally, in a crisis situation if you have few thousand rounds of .22 on hand you will never go hungry. (Just hope that everything taste like chicken)

UGA
04-14-2009, 10:24 PM
In fact you might even correct any flinching or trigger control problems you have developed with the full power ammo.

Very good point, Thanks.;)

bill21
04-15-2009, 08:45 PM
I own a Ceiner conversion kit for my 1911's. It work on my Colt and my Kimber equally well.

None for my G21 or KImber Ultra :-( And, it seems Ceiner has some detractors. This is but one site complaining of their customer service:

http://www.donotbuyciener22lrconversions.org/

But, I'd still be interested in .22lr conversions. I scored two boxes of stingers last week, and felt like I won the lottery. My Beretta 21 likes them.

Sgt T
04-16-2009, 06:36 AM
I have heard that Ceiners customer service is "poor" to say the least. I bought mine used and from a functional standpoint it is great. It fits my full size Colt and my Kimber CDP. Fortunately there are several manufacturers available.