PDA

View Full Version : The Obama effect on Gun Control

UGA
05-20-2009, 08:22 PM
Do you feel that the election of Barack Obama had a positive effect of derailing gun control efforts by awakening average Americans?

Sgt T
05-21-2009, 03:45 PM
President Obama is a True Believer. A poll could show 100% of Americans were against gun control and he would still try to pass more anti-gun laws. He, and others like him believe that you and I are wrong and that it is their duty to protect us from ourselves. Logic is not part of the Liberal modus operandi.

Decline
05-21-2009, 08:51 PM
The Dem's dont care what we think or want but they do care about trying to keep their jobs next election. that is why they follow opinion polls like a lost puppy.

JavamanX
05-22-2009, 08:42 AM
They do care about trying to keep their jobs next election. that is why they follow opinion polls like a lost puppy.

That describes all politics pretty much. I cant remember the last time i heard of a politician voting against his own belief because he knew he had to vote for the beliefs of those who elected him.

Rossi
10-25-2009, 10:24 AM
I know for a fact his election motivated many citizens....my gun shop expanded twice, and the owner and I talk business all the time.

Also.....some obvious prior non-shooters bought some strange guns and equipment to go with them.

Rossi