PDA

View Full Version : Liberals ask how they lost gun, Guantanamo votes

UGA
05-25-2009, 06:49 PM
WASHINGTON Frustrated liberals are asking why a Democratic-controlled Congress and White House can't manage to close the Guantanamo prison or keep new gun-rights laws from passing.
After all, President Barack Obama pledged to shut down the military detention center on Cuba for suspected terrorists. And Democratic control of the government would suggest that any gun legislation leads to tighter controls on weapons, not expanded use.

More... (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090524/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_obama_liberals_4)

Rossi
05-29-2009, 11:49 PM
As usual, liberals are clueless. There are enough Americans with common sense that the elected Dems, who have a knack for self-preservation, wouldn't dare. They, most informed people, and all firearm owners know what will happen when CCW is allowed in national parks.......nothing.

Gitmo also calls for common sense. We spent millions to set it up and additional millions to shut it down. One congressman suggested a new prison just for them, cost.... $50 million. Gitmo is perfect...no one has ever escaped, no attempts ever made to breach it. Here is my plan....give it a paint job and change it's name. Problem solved.

Of course it didn't work at Abu Ghraib. They reopened it on 2-21-09 under it's new name, Baghdad Central Prison. And...the world rioted, burnings in every major city, the military was called out, The UN called a special session. I'm sure it was in all the papers, I just missed seeing it. Oh, no, wait a minute, all that didn't happen.

Never mind.

Rossi