PDA

View Full Version : Panic Button - Option

UGA
09-12-2009, 03:26 PM
I have installed a Panic Button option.

What it is & what it does:

For those that access ASD at work, as you know, some employers may frown at this scary "Gun" website.

Your boss or co-workers may become frightened and label you a right wing extremist, call the SWAT team, have you tarred and feathered, ABC will do a story on "Militia and the workplace", you will be the lead story on your 6:00 news, CNN will camp out in your front yard, etc...:rolleyes:

This option will place a panic button seen in all threads. Beside the post reply icons

This is YOUR icon, it does not belong to the author of the post. It must be set up to go to a website of your choosing. i.e Google or Yahoo, it can even go to HowToPleaseYourBoss.com if that site is real...:rolleyes:

Point being... If your boss or a co-worker walks up while you are reading posts, you can click it to instantly re-load a new page to cover yourself.

How and Where to set it up:

Go to your User CP and click Edit Options.
Then scroll down half way to Thread Display Options

User CP->Edit Options->Thread Display Options

Turn it on by clicking ON
Then set the URL of the website you wish it to go to.
Be sure to use the entire URL with the http:// prefix.
Example: http://www.google.com or http://www.yahoo.com

This is a good one :rolleyes: http://www.ehow.com/how_4699524_be-better-employee.html + Brownie points!!!!!

Once you set it up, if done properly, the exclamation icon will now be displayed in all posts.

*Caution*
This icon is only displayed in posts, it is not accessible while viewing the main forum page, if someone walks up while viewing there, you are on your own.:p

Zen
09-12-2009, 03:48 PM
Good job my friend!

Although I will say that I find it very pathetic that there would be any reason for anyone to have to use this.

Then again, at my office- I'm the boss.

Hell, I'm the one that set up FREE concealed carry classes for our people in the office and I actually *encourage* every one of them to have a handgun at work.

Again- nice work brother. I'm sure there will (unfortunately) be a few members who appreciate it for job safety reasons....

UGA
09-12-2009, 04:12 PM
Good job my friend!

Although I will say that I find it very pathetic that there would be any reason for anyone to have to use this.

Then again, at my office- I'm the boss.

Hell, I'm the one that set up FREE concealed carry classes for our people in the office and I actually *encourage* every one of them to have a handgun at work.

Again- nice work brother. I'm sure there will (unfortunately) be a few members who appreciate it for job safety reasons....

You are an exception to the rule my friend. You hiring? :D

It is a very needed option for most.

I thought about changing the name to the SHTF Button but it lacks the class I was shooting for...:rolleyes:

Oh my! I just said "shooting".:eek:

rkbartley
09-12-2009, 05:16 PM
Thanks Phillip! I am one of the ones who will be using this option at work in my 98% ultra liberal office. :rolleyes:

rkb

highjr
09-13-2009, 07:12 AM
two little tips for this purpose....i guess i was a paranoid self-defense person even before i owned a gun. working my corporate jobs before i changed careers, any time i would be browsing something non-work-related, i would keep my left hand on one of two button combinations while my right hand was doing the mouse work:

(for windows)
Alt + F4 closes the window you are currently viewing, (left thumb on left or right alt, left middle or ring on F4)
Alt + TAB switches between windows (left thumb on left alt, left middle on left tab)

so you can always have that budget spreadsheet open, and pop Alt+TAB real quick and be looking at that instead of americansheepdog.com. if you hold down alt and keep pressing tab, you can pick which window you want, but just hitting it one time will go back to the most recently viewed window.

dnola
09-13-2009, 07:58 AM
Thanks Phillip! I am one of the ones who will be using this option at work in my 98% ultra liberal office. :rolleyes:

rkb

98% ultra liberal office . . . . in Texas? :mad: That must mean you work for the government. :eek: :D

rkbartley
09-13-2009, 02:39 PM
98% ultra liberal office . . . . in Texas? :mad: That must mean you work for the government. :eek: :D

BINGO!! Someone give this guy a prize!
Downtown Austin, TX with a State Agency....weirdest, most liberal city in the state.

rkb

Rossi
09-13-2009, 11:00 PM
Like others, I'm the boss.....but a real nice option for others. Thanks for the work on this.

Rossi

xdglocker
09-15-2009, 03:10 AM
Very nice. I'll be using it for sure. Thanks