PDA

View Full Version : website suggestion (location search)

highjr
09-14-2009, 08:27 AM
hey phillip...had an idea.

i had assumed and accepted that i seemed to be the only active member on the forum from georgia. but then again, people are joining so fast, and i haven't necessarily been keeping up with where they're all from. looking through the members list, there's not a column for location to sort by. i don't know how adaptable this BB software is, but maybe a member search by location would be useful.

UGA
09-14-2009, 11:34 AM
hey phillip...had an idea.

i had assumed and accepted that i seemed to be the only active member on the forum from georgia. but then again, people are joining so fast, and i haven't necessarily been keeping up with where they're all from. looking through the members list, there's not a column for location to sort by. i don't know how adaptable this BB software is, but maybe a member search by location would be useful.

That is already set up 'ole buddy.

I'll explain it in detail to make sure others can follow along...

Go to "Community" on the nav bar. Click "Members list".

On the right side of the members list you will see this.

Click search members, then click advanced search

Then you will see this

Fill in the appropriate field and click search.

For location, you may try both Ga. and Georgia. It depends on how a member has it listed. ;)

highjr
09-14-2009, 12:21 PM
ah....i had tried that up until "advanced search". when searching "GA", it had brought up yourself and others with those letters in the member name. thanks...i guess this can still serve to make others aware.

thanks.