PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

UGA
10-14-2009, 08:03 PM
Ok, so I'm thinking of going to the soon to be released vB4 version of this forum software. It looks very good, very clean looking. No boxed in look.

It includes article publishing and a Blog. The article part of this software is very appealing to me. The Blog addition will give all of you, if you're interested, the opportunity to run your own blog. I will have to rebuild custom styles for it but that's part of what I do. You have the option of some customizing too, I'm sure 90% of you won't care to do that, but it is an option to you.

Look interesting?

I've included some screen shots.

NOTE: These are default colors, without our color scheme.

Sgt T
10-14-2009, 08:57 PM
I have faith in your choices concerning upgrades to ASD. I know that all the work you do is labor intensive and monetarily burdensome. Nothing is free.

As a contributor I feel that I get a lot of value for my meager investment and would gladly add to the coffers of ASD to defray some of the cost of running this excellent forum. For less than the cost of going to a movie I can assist in those improvements.

UGA
10-14-2009, 09:16 PM
It looks to be really nice, it will certainly expand our operation.

There's a ton unmentioned as to its additions, a total new platform.

rkbartley
10-14-2009, 10:01 PM
I agree with Sgt T....what ever you believe is best for the forum is fine with me. You are the "nuts and bolts" guy...I just get to enjoy your labor! Changes, even good ones, aren't always easy but we will learn and be better for them. Let us know what we can do to help.

rkb

Rossi
10-14-2009, 10:03 PM
Looks great, although I wouldn't want to go too far afield from the core mission....the information-loaded forum that would pull in some our newer people.

Please don't think I know what I'm talking about, because I don't, but would too many bells and whistles spook a casual reader that want's to join?

I don't think I would wander off the forum much, other than for the Articles and road tests, but please don't use me as a barometer. Others are far more qualified.

Rossi

UGA
10-25-2009, 03:51 PM
Here is a sneak peak of the new header logo and filler gradient for the vB4 software upgrade. I like the smooth blended transition of color. I started working on it last night, I will do what will seem like a hundred of them before I'm done but these two color versions are done.;)

Rossi
10-25-2009, 04:13 PM
I agree. Nice transition.

Rossi

rkbartley
10-25-2009, 04:32 PM
Looks good...

Eccentric
10-25-2009, 08:18 PM
I agree with Sgt T....what ever you believe is best for the forum is fine with me. You are the "nuts and bolts" guy...I just get to enjoy your labor! Changes, even good ones, aren't always easy but we will learn and be better for them. Let us know what we can do to help.

rkb

I agree, I trust your judgement.

mmszbi
10-26-2009, 01:25 AM
As a non contributing (yea, I'm getting there) new forum member, I can only give thanks that you spend the time and $ and energy to allow us, who you don't even know other than a handle on the screen the opportunity to pick brains, share knowledge and generally cause trouble in cyberspace. There is simply no way I would be able to do what you do...so THANK YOU.:bowdown:

Decline
10-26-2009, 06:44 PM
I really like the new forum look. It is really sharp and clean.

I also have been meaning to contribute for awhile... I don't suppose you can pay for anything with my good intentions?

dnola
10-26-2009, 06:49 PM
generally cause trouble in cyberspace. :bowdown:

What? Where? I'm next. Wait! Don't leave without me! :soapbox:

Cottonmouth
10-27-2009, 06:29 PM
UGA, I appreciate anything you do with this forum. I'm not very computer literate, so whatever you decide to do to improve it, I'm sure I will like it. I wish I could contribute financially to your efforts, but until I can, a simple thank you will have to do. I really enjoy reading the opinions of writers like Sgt T, since I'm just a simple, gun toting, old surveyor.

Roy