PDA

View Full Version : Trouble posting

Eccentric
12-07-2009, 11:14 AM
I've tried posting the same message twice and keep getting "timed out." What am I doing wrong?

UGA
12-07-2009, 05:30 PM
Did you click the remember me box when signing in? I will check on this...

UGA
12-07-2009, 06:00 PM
I had troubles of my own. I have also run maintenance and made some changes and rebuilt a few things. It's glitching, sorry for the trouble... I'm staying on it!

EDIT: Everything appears ok now, I'll continue to monitor things.

I apologize to everyone for the trouble. :(

UGA
12-07-2009, 07:12 PM
It appears the biggest problem is not the software at the moment, its the host server. I have people on it now...

Decline
12-07-2009, 07:48 PM
We all know you are working hard on this UGA and i think i can speak for the others in saying we appriciate the hard work. Things are really looking good!

rkbartley
12-08-2009, 03:37 AM
I have been having trouble with timing out when I'm posting, also. The work around that I have found is to hit the "Refresh" button on my computer and then click "retry" when the prompt comes up. So far it has worked every time.

Hang in there UGA, the bugs will all get worked out!

rkb

Eccentric
12-08-2009, 07:25 AM
It is all Greek to me, thank you very much for all your hard work, UGA, it is very much appreciated! (It's hard birthin' babies!)

dnola
12-08-2009, 09:27 AM
We all know you are working hard on this UGA and i think i can speak for the others in saying we appriciate the hard work. Things are really looking good!

Hey, come on you guys. Keep this up and he will start charging $50.00/year, plus $.50 per post and he will put us all in the poor house while he tans in tropicana. From now on just say, "Yeh, that's OK, I guess, if that's the best you can do." We've got to keep this playing field level! :nuts:

You might also ask if he could spend a little more time on it so that it could all happen yesterday. :evilgrin:

I now steal silently off to another website to look for snare wire for my emergency kit. :)

UGA
12-08-2009, 02:46 PM
Recent problems have been isolated to our hosting company and not our site, hopefully they have been resolved. We had another issue today as many of you are probably aware of. It appears to be resolved at the moment, I hope it stays that way.

As far as our site, we will have another upgrade this weekend, the site will only be down for a very short period of time, hopefully less than an hour.

I appreciate your patience as we have been trying to resolve issues that are out of our hands.

UGA

Decline
12-08-2009, 06:10 PM
Any chance of the thanks button coming back? I kind of liked the ability to tell someone i liked what they said though i dont have anything to add. Maybe a +1 button or something... just thinking.

UGA
12-08-2009, 06:12 PM
Any chance of the thanks button coming back? I kind of liked the ability to tell someone i liked what they said though i dont have anything to add. Maybe a +1 button or something... just thinking.

Yes it's coming back.. It should be updated soon. I miss it too.

Eccentric
12-08-2009, 07:36 PM
Hey, come on you guys. Keep this up and he will start charging $50.00/year, plus $.50 per post and he will put us all in the poor house while he tans in tropicana. From now on just say, "Yeh, that's OK, I guess, if that's the best you can do." We've got to keep this playing field level! :nuts:

You might also ask if he could spend a little more time on it so that it could all happen yesterday. :evilgrin:

I now steal silently off to another website to look for snare wire for my emergency kit. :)

(Heheheheheheheheheh!)

UGA
12-30-2009, 07:15 PM

I have the upgraded Post Thanks installed. I had to disable the Panic Button for now, it conflicts with Post Thanks and the Blog This Post buttons. I hope to have this issue worked out ASAP, however in having to choose which to use, the Post Thanks is used more and has therefore taken priority at this time.

Decline
12-30-2009, 07:27 PM
The panic button has now been moved to that little X at the top right of your screen.

Rossi
12-30-2009, 08:24 PM

Naa, he'd never do that. Only Obamabummer and his fellow travelers would do that.

Rossi

UGA
12-30-2009, 09:47 PM
I have the upgraded Post Thanks installed. I had to disable the Panic Button for now, it conflicts with Post Thanks and the Blog This Post buttons. I hope to have this issue worked out ASAP, however in having to choose which to use, the Post Thanks is used more and has therefore taken priority at this time.

Fixed the code conflict with the panic button, both are active again.