PDA

View Full Version : Rating an Article

kenlefeb
12-10-2009, 10:23 AM
Do you have to obtain a certain level of membership in order to rate articles?

I just tried to rate Sgt T's excellent article about the Coffee Shop shooting, but was presented with a message telling me that I don't have permission.

If it's true that I shouldn't have permission to rate an article, I'd suggest you include some verbiage to that effect on the error page, so it's more clear why I'm being "scolded." :)

Ideally, you shouldn't tempt me with a Rating link if I'm not allowed to rate an article, but I can understand that might be more difficult to implement, so adding an explanation to the Permission Denied page might be easier.

rkbartley
12-10-2009, 12:57 PM
Hang in there Ken....I think there must be a "bug" in the rating system. :eek: I just tried to rate the article also. It didn't tell me that I couldn't, but it didn't take my choice either. :confused: Give UGA some time and the kink in the system will get ironed out.

Thanks for finding it!! :wave:

rkb

UGA
12-10-2009, 01:34 PM
Its a bug, remember, this is still Beta. There will be another update this weekend to a release candidate version. We will be moving out of the beta stage. I will check on that specific bug.

Sorry for the scolding. :)

Decline
12-10-2009, 07:17 PM
UGA- Does this mean we should disregard the secret message you sent to us about not letting kenlefeb rate any articles? I kinda liked your original idea of just tempting him with the link and not letting him use it.

UGA
12-10-2009, 07:22 PM
UGA- Does this mean we should disregard the secret message you sent to us about not letting kenlefeb rate any articles? I kinda liked your original idea of just tempting him with the link and not letting him use it.

Shhhhhhhhh :eek:

Sgt T
12-11-2009, 12:56 AM
I think the "bug" was a result of the author, me, not checking a permission box when I posted the article. (At least that is what we are telling Ken, keep it to yourselves)