PDA

View Full Version : Not all BACON products...

Zen
12-21-2009, 12:02 PM
So the women at my office gave me a couple xmas gifts last week!

First was the bacon envelopes. Look like bacon and the glue to seal them is supposed to taste like bacon. Cool :)

Second was the "bacon flavored" lip balm (chap stick).
Now let me say up front that I was all excited when I saw this. My only concern was that I would be like a little kid eating cherry flavored chap stick. Not that I've ever done that, but my love of bacon is strong ya know- will power, well maybe not so much.

So I tried this stuff out. My excitement went away REALLY QUICKLY. This is the nastiest, foulest thing I've experienced in a long time. I put that crap on and whoa man- I started looking for a steel wool pad, sandpaper, paper towel- anything to get it off. This stuff had to be made from fat left over in a frying pan, from years back. It was positively horrible.
Tried to get my kids to try it and it only took a whiff and they were running the other direction. Even my dog took a sniff and then gave me that "What the heck is wrong with you" look.

Needless to say, I was crushed.

It was a good thing that I had some REAL bacon handy to remind me of all the good things that come from bacon. Real bacon- and not some tube of old, rancid, six year old Village Inn pan drippings....

rkbartley
12-21-2009, 12:09 PM
Zen, did you ever think the lip balm might have been a form of intervention.....trying to break you from your bacon addiction? Of course it didn't work...obviously....:nuts:

rkb

dnola
12-21-2009, 12:38 PM
Sounds like the chap stick was probably a road kill by-product. Did it say "Made in China" on the tube? Have you considered the possibility of botulism? Wouldn't surprise me if you ended up lipless over this ordeal. :hmm: Sad. Very sad. And right at the Holidays too! :rofl:

UGA
12-21-2009, 05:01 PM
I put that crap on and whoa man- I started looking for a steel wool pad, sandpaper, paper towel- anything to get it off.

That's hilarious! :rofl:

Eccentric
12-21-2009, 07:24 PM
Sounds like the chap stick was probably a road kill by-product. Did it say "Made in China" on the tube? Have you considered the possibility of botulism? Wouldn't surprise me if you ended up lipless over this ordeal. :hmm: Sad. Very sad. And right at the Holidays too! :rofl:

I think you about covered it!:rofl:

UGA
12-22-2009, 07:16 AM
Zen, is this your secret site? http://www.baconfreak.com/

You should join the Bacon of the Month Club. http://www.gratefulpalate.com/index.php?p=MultiOption_31&parent=Page_47

Zen
12-22-2009, 11:14 AM
Hmmmm, both excellent sites- thanks for the links!

I like those Boss Hog gift sets they have in there! Nice!!

mmszbi
12-26-2009, 11:24 AM
Yep, reminds me of when my kids were little, they always got chapped lips from licking them....rubbed cow dung on them.....solved the chapped lip problem.:evilgrin:

Zen
12-27-2009, 10:53 AM
ummmm....... ewwwwwwwww

SkivMarine
01-04-2010, 02:15 AM
You know that chapstick is made from petroleum products and horse hooves. So the only bacon flavor you'd be likely to get would be if the horse had walked through pig sty. And in that case you ain't going to get BACON flavor necessarily.