PDA

View Full Version : Website issues...

UGA
05-08-2011, 08:55 AM
I apologize for the problems with the site over the past week. We were experiencing extremely high server loads that were not related to us. I have been in contact with our hosting company, agressively encouraging them :bigsmile: to get it fixed. Things seem okay now as I type this so hopefully all is well now.

Uga

rkbartley
05-10-2011, 05:46 PM
UGA...website seems to be really dragging again. Either that or both my work and home computers are conspiring against me (my phone, too!). Also, PM's have been acting really screwy...not wanting to load, timing out, headers looking like more of an old DOS mode than than anything else. Sometime it would happen...sometimes not. Just weird.

Just an FYI...

rkb

UGA
05-11-2011, 05:14 AM
I will check. I also set the site to the new mobile style, I have noticed that a refresh is needed at times when it loads scrambled...

UGA
05-14-2011, 07:57 AM
I have gone back to the original mobile style until the new style can be a fully implemented. It has features that this style does not have, but lacks the basic controls that this one has.

Uga

rkbartley
05-14-2011, 08:05 AM
That works for me...I was afraid I was the one missing something with the new mobile style! Whew!!

By the way...I'm trying out the Google Chrome browser today and so far it is 100s of times faster than IE or Firefox......still learning it though.

rkb

Decline
05-14-2011, 02:35 PM
I actually went back to using the regular site instead of mobile cause of the new one. Glad to hear i wasnt the only one with the problem. The new one looks good but the lack of basic function was frustrating.

As always, Thanks for all your hard work UGA:thumbsup:

UGA
05-14-2011, 06:51 PM
I was testing its function and really missed the new posts link. The original is so much easier to use and navigate also. Once I started using the new one, I couldn't believe how much basic operation it lacked. It needs a serious overhaul...

The software to build "ASD" android and iphone apps has just been released but I think I will wait a bit until it has a good chance to work out any possible kinks.

Don't be afraid to say "Hey dummy, put it back like it was" :bigsmile:

Are the two of you using android operating systems or the iphone?

rkbartley
05-14-2011, 07:20 PM
Well, you beat me to it. My computer time has been very limited the last few weeks so I just went back to Constitution style to work in...then didn't think about it anymore. :embarrest:

To answer your question, I have a Droid. All is well though; when the new stuff gets unkinked and the temps cool will be soon enough. Thanks for all you do!

rkb

Decline
05-15-2011, 01:05 PM
I use the iPhone. Due to the new job I spend 99% of my ASD time on my phone. It works well and the only draw back has been the lack of smilies. BTW when I pulled it up today it was still on the new mobile style.

UGA
05-15-2011, 05:48 PM
I use the iPhone. Due to the new job I spend 99% of my ASD time on my phone. It works well and the only draw back has been the lack of smilies. BTW when I pulled it up today it was still on the new mobile style.

It has been set to the old mobile style since my post, it shouldn't be coming up. Not familiar with iphone, maybe some type of clearing is needed. If it happens again try logging out and back in. Let me know if you have problems...

Lately, 100% of my time has been on my phone. I retired my crackberry for a Droid Fascinate.

Decline
05-15-2011, 05:52 PM
I logged out and it pulled up mobile 1 as foretold by the UGA