PDA

View Full Version : Need info: Adding new page to website

UGA
07-30-2008, 05:38 PM
I am building a new page to put on the AmericanSheepdog website. Its titled "CCW Training/Permits". I would like members to let me know about any local outfits in their area, that offer CCW training and/or Permit Classes. I need the following info:

Name
City & State
Phone #
Website (if they have one)
What do they offer? Handgun training, Permit Classes, or both.
Thanks in advance, your fellow sheepdogs, and those looking into concealed carry will find it very useful. You can e-mail me or just post it here. E-mail admin@americansheepdog.com

Zen
07-30-2008, 05:56 PM
In Colorado, there is only one choice in my humble opinion.

www.profire.us

This is not a "Coffee & Doughnuts" class, this is a full NRA approved class. Be prepared to be there for quite some time. Although Live fire is NOT required in Colorado, I highly recommend you take this portion. Bob & staff are top notch.
They provide instruction and certification for both Colorado and Utah permits!

Bob Pabst and the Profire team are energetic, passionate, and WILL educate you.

A lot of people think that CCW classes are all about how to get the permit.
WRONG!

A real CCW class will cover first off, LAWS, technique, firearm basics/advanced topics, and MOST IMPORTANT: HOW TO AVOID THE SITUATION ALL TOGETHER!!!!!

Presenting your firearm in a time of need is the last ditch, worst case scenario. Profire accurately covers this topic giving instruction in not only body language but also verbal deterrant.

**I do NOT work for or am affiliated with Profire. I am just a former student (soon will be again I think), and a fan of their teaching style. Very hands on, energetic, and VERY informative.

1-800-535-6813 or www.profire.us

Zen
07-30-2008, 06:11 PM
ummmm, yeah.

I get kinda worked up folks. Sorry UGA, you just wanted a lil info and I went into a full blown sales pitch.

Bah... Oh well... you know how I get :D

sorry 'bout that!

;)

Sourdo
07-31-2008, 10:21 AM
H&H Gun Range
Oklahoma City, OK
(405)947-3888
www.hhgunrange.com

CCW Permit Class, Advanced Pistol 2,3,4,&5, Home Defense Shotgun, and Personal Defense Carbine.

UGA
07-31-2008, 11:28 PM
Thanks guys, they are on the list.:D

Rossi
09-05-2008, 08:46 AM
Firearm permit instruction for the Kansas City, Mo and surrounding areas:

C and K Firearms and Training
Chad Downs
816-878-7991
No Web site, but can be reached at: ckdowns@earthlink.net .
NRA Certified Instructor, Certified Instructor for Kansas, Missouri, Utah, Florida and other's CCW permits. He is also a Missouri FFL.

Chad's permit instruction costs $65.00, with others in the area costing over $100. He has taken some heat from the other instructors over this price structure, but he justifies it by advising them of the distance that must be traveled to his location.

It's true that the distance is an issue, and for those in the local area, Holt, Mo is near the far reaches of Clay County. But it's a clean shot, and his location is just off the Interstate.

We have one unique problem here: As a border town, almost everyone lives, works or operates on both sides of the state line. The Kansas and Missouri CCW laws are not all that different, but a few differences are critical to know, and Chad covers them at some length.

His shooting range (Kansas requires it) is bare-bones, but adequate.

Rossi