PDA

View Full Version : mibile version

shibmaster
09-12-2011, 07:42 PM
hey I have been accessing the forums from my tablet and was wondering if we could get an option in our settings to automatically stay on the full site version? Currently I type in about:debug in and edit the setting to trick the site into thinking it is full browser.

Thanks

rkbartley
09-12-2011, 08:17 PM
Hmm...this may be a question for UGA; however, there may be something that will work for you (unless you have already been there, then forgive me). On the bottom left corner of all pages is a box with a drop down arrow which will give you the options of all the page styles. I have never worked with a tablet, but it works with my android phone. I perfer the Constitution style personally. Once the style is chosen the site should default to that site until changed again.

Again, I have no experience with tablets, but this worked with all other media forms I have used. If it doesn't work for you PLEASE let us know...I'm sure we (UGA :tongue:) will be able to work something out.

Thanks!
rkb

UGA
09-13-2011, 07:54 AM
hey I have been accessing the forums from my tablet and was wondering if we could get an option in our settings to automatically stay on the full site version? Currently I type in about:debug in and edit the setting to trick the site into thinking it is full browser.

Thanks

In our current mobile version there is a "PC MODE" at the top which switches to the regular screen. However, on my phone if you change pages it defaults back to the mobile and I have to hit PC MODE again. It defaults because it recognizes the operating system calling for the page load. I'm not sure if you experience this on a tablet. Let me know if you do...

I have a Beta version of an improved mobile style but because it is still Beta I will not release it yet. Hopefully I can get it to a release stage soon.