PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION Mobile Users & Tablet Users

UGA
09-27-2011, 10:03 AM
Give me feedback on the new Mobile Style please...

It has the "Whats New" feature and integrates Blogs, Magazine Articles, Notifications, PM's, Albums, Profile, and your friends list.

Decline
09-27-2011, 11:00 AM
Its fantastic!!! It is very clear and easy to read and see what i am looking for. Excellent upgrade!

It is so clear it would be super easy to read posts on the forum while driving- even in a school zone!!:wave:

rkbartley
09-27-2011, 01:24 PM
Phillip, HELP...the new Mobile Version come up all white. I mean ALL white on my screen. There is nothing to see at all. Any ideas?

rkb

UGA
09-27-2011, 01:30 PM
You use Droid right?

UGA
09-27-2011, 01:45 PM
Oh, wait... Are you using a browser other than the default browser on your phone? I think i remember you said you were using Chrome or something. That may be the issue.

rkbartley
09-27-2011, 01:48 PM
Yes, Droid, but not Chrome on the phone....it is the default browser. I use Chrome at home.

UGA
09-27-2011, 01:53 PM
Try it again, I made a setting change. I use Droid too. It works great, Decline uses iphone I think. (Try coming straight in from a browser too, search yahoo for American Sheepdog and click the resulting link)

Decline
09-27-2011, 06:17 PM
I ran into a bug. When in mobile theme It does not respond when I press "reply to thread". I had to pull up desktop mode to write this. I tried two other threads to no avail.

Also is there a way for the last commenter to be noted for threads under what's new? What about a "mark forums as read" button?

Still loving it and it seems to be faster than the old one.

UGA
09-28-2011, 07:55 AM
I ran into a bug. When in mobile theme It does not respond when I press "reply to thread". I had to pull up desktop mode to write this. I tried two other threads to no avail.

I had the same problem too, working on it today... I had to hold on it until the "open" option appeared and then it worked.

Also is there a way for the last commenter to be noted for threads under what's new? What about a "mark forums as read" button?

Looking into it...

UGA
09-28-2011, 09:25 AM
The link for the button is broken, correct link but fails to open. Looking for the source... :livid:

UGA
09-28-2011, 08:21 PM
The link for the button is broken, correct link but fails to open. Looking for the source... :livid:

Okay.... Almost 11 hours later I found the problem to the broken link. It is fixed and usable so the new mobile style is turned back on. :very_drunk:

Here is the deal, it is an issue in the core software of this site. I am submitting a support ticket with the vBulletin Development team to advise them of the problem. I was in contact with them earlier today and had no success in finding out what was wrong. What I found was a conflict with "Quick Reply" being turned off, the "Reply to Thread" in the mobile style only works with it on. It shouldn't be this way. When replying from a CPU, users will notice the Quick Reply option appear, you can still use the way I had it set up by clicking "Go Advanced" and the full text editor will appear.

Decline
09-29-2011, 08:53 AM
Thank you for all your hard work. This new mobile version is fantastic!

UGA
12-25-2011, 10:55 PM
Okay.... Almost 11 hours later I found the problem to the broken link. It is fixed and usable so the new mobile style is turned back on. :very_drunk:

Here is the deal, it is an issue in the core software of this site. I am submitting a support ticket with the vBulletin Development team to advise them of the problem. I was in contact with them earlier today and had no success in finding out what was wrong. What I found was a conflict with "Quick Reply" being turned off, the "Reply to Thread" in the mobile style only works with it on. It shouldn't be this way. When replying from a CPU, users will notice the Quick Reply option appear, you can still use the way I had it set up by clicking "Go Advanced" and the full text editor will appear.

The Mobile Style is now fixed and the Quick Reply has been disabled. Reply's are now back to normal.

Also Moderation has been added to the mobile style for our Mods to use.

Here is a screenshot from my phone...

Touch the icon to open the moderation tools menu. To simply edit a post just touch the pencil icon.