shopify analytics ecommerce
American Sheepdog - Comments - Blogs
Click Me

Blog Comments

I'm very glad you picked this very quote from the article. I thought it was the most profound narrative in the whole piece, but I didn't want to lead the reader.

In my opinion, the Ruling Class is, what it is. I feel that one of our long-term missions is to replace or add to, the Ruling Class with power leaders from cultures away from the East and West coast.

To put it crudely....way to much in-breeding.

Rossi
    Updated 08-18-2010 at 01:43 PM by Rossi
    A very worthy read! This quote speaks volumes, I have felt this way since the debates before Clinton won the Presidency...

When pollsters ask the American people whether they are likely to vote Republican or Democrat in the next presidential election, Republicans win growing pluralities. But whenever pollsters add the preferences "undecided," "none of the above," or "tea party," these win handily, the Democrats come in second, and the Republicans trail far behind. That is because while most of the voters who call themselves Democrats say that Democratic officials represent them well, only a fourth of the voters who identify themselves as Republicans tell pollsters that Republican officeholders represent them well. Hence officeholders, Democrats and Republicans, gladden the hearts of some one-third of the electorate -- most Democratic voters, plus a few Republicans. This means that Democratic politicians are the ruling class's prime legitimate representatives and that because Republican politicians are supported by only a fourth of their voters while the rest vote for them reluctantly, most are aspirants for a junior role in the ruling class.
    Boy, really don't know. Not saying of course, that "Defend" didn't credit it properly and stole from others, leaving us to assume it was his.

Many thanks for the additional material.

Rossi
    This makes a lot of sense. A camera has a field of view not necessarily accurate or reflective of what a person on the scene actually sees. No emotion, no decisions... How often have you watched a video and while focusing on one thing, you notice something else on bottom left of the screen and said; "What was that? Rewind it..." You can't rewind real life.

It is, what it is. We react based on what we see or perceive. A camera isn't calculating risks, threats and options and acting in response to those variables in a fraction of a second. It simply records a moment in time. People will shift their focus to a specific point thereby limiting their focused point of view. Though we cannot zoom in with our eyes, that is exactly what we do with our focus.

If you watched a video and a camera shifted and zoomed in and out as fast as a persons eyes would have done, you would have no idea as to what happened. It would be a giant blur, yet we expect people to do this and make accurate decisions and to take the correct action in a seconds time.

Cameras can help you or hurt you in reflection, and in a time when just about everyone has a video camera built into their cell phone, it is a very real possibility that if you are involved in a public shooting it will be on video. The era of "Big Brother" is here. People complain about their loss of privacy from such things but shouldn't we realize that we as citizens are spying on ourselves as much as our big brother is?
    Part of the reason they have videos of inmate extractions in prison is because of an incident at Pelican bay state prison and my recommendation to video extractions .. worked great and reduced inmate abuse claims and help in court for convictions .. great help to have videos for everyone concerned... however ...
    on one occasion, two officers were escourting an inmate and he broke away from them and charged straight at me as if he was going to tackle me ... from the memory of myself and the two officers, we recalled the officers grabbing him below the waist and he went down and I simply side stepped and he dropped to my feet beside me. In fact what actually happened was I did side step and at the same time used the blade of my left hand to whack the base of his skull and spine and his eyes rolled back and he dropped like a rock. I had no memory of striking him, the officers had no memory of anyone striking him but the video showed it in great detail and slow motion too ... not a problem since it was instictive self defense but kind of strange to have no memory of a potentially lethal strike... videos and memories can be very different sometimes but I think videos are great witnesses.
    Excellent Blog entry, Rossi.

I subscribe to Force Science News, although I am not, nor ever was in law enforcement.

All of their research is as vital to us as it is to LEOs, as to learn what to expect your reactions will probably be in an encounter as a carrier, or, for that matter, as a juror in a trial involving an Officer.

I urge everyone to sign up for a free e-mail subscription to their articles by going here: http://www.forcescience.org/
    If I recall right the perp in the video was actually holding a cell phone.

However, he kept making motions as if it were a gun. And remember, the bad guy doesn't have to actually shoot at the officer. All he has to do is look as if he might (making a move for a pocket, pointing a hand holding a cell phone, etc.).
    I think the main thing I take from this video is the fact that the officers could have legally fired on at least two occasions but didn't. It wasn't until the perp kept walking away while seeming to have a dangerous weapon in his hands.
    Excellent Article! Thanks for posting.
    I saw a video recently that showed an incident from 2 squad car cameras at 2 different angles. In the first angle, it appeared as if 2 police officers shot a guy in the back as he walked away from them. From the second angle, it was obvious that the man had fired a random shot back at the the officers before they opened fire.

Here it is.

People shouldn't jump to conclusions!
    Excellent information. Strange...I don't remember any of this being brought up in the media when reporting excessive force charges after police shootings. Could it be that logical information would hamper ratings?
    I take any 'author unknown' as a personal challenge. Therefore I have been searching for the author of the quote you mentioned in this post. I found your comments with the connection to the 12/28/2009 Reuters discussion. I also found it on a blog post from 12/19/2009 a little over a week before Reuters at Profesor for Life. It was titled "This is a frightening time for America"
    http://professoroflife101.blogspot.com/2009/12/this-is-frightening-time-for-america.html?showComment=1263907979661#c2310954729 177326770 There was a comment following this where someone asked if "Professor for Life" was the writer of the paragraph, but there was no reply.

I wonder if my "hit" trumps yours and this guy is the real author?
    Not to worry about "preaching to the choir". I know that I lurked here for a few days before I decided to join. So I know others do the same. Even those whose political affiliations might be opposed to ours. So the word does get out there one way or the other.
    The points made here are so accurate and true it's puzzling that we remain in danger of what this man can do, or at least try! Great stuff! Creating a mag area for Blog's like this... Yes, we are preaching to the choir here at ASD, but it needs to be said and it needs displayed. Thanks Rossi.
    Good stuff Rossi, promoted to online magazine...

(For whatever reason it promoted attached to my name so I added a first line edit to clear any confusion)

Important Site Information