shopify analytics ecommerce
American Sheepdog - Most Popular - Blogs
Click Me
View RSS Feed

Most Popular Blogs

1. About Me, Sgt T.

I am sure that the members of AmericanSheepdog wonder who "we", the moderators are. I hope this first blog entry answers that question.

I am pretty much like any other member of ASD. I believe that the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution guarantees every American the right to keep and bear arms for self-defense. Not just from criminals but from tyrannical forces which could come to power within the government of the United States. That is why we, the people,
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. A Historical March To . . . .

A Historical March To . . . .

© D. Noland

The year 1942 was not a good one for the citizens of the United States of America, based on well founded fears of losing their country. Still reeling from the emotional uncertainties of a devastating defeat by the attack on the U.S. bases at Pearl Harbor, the American citizens were further disheartened by what seemed to be a nonstop chronicle of bad news. From the defeat in the Philippines and the Bataan Death ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Road Trip To Front Sight, #4 America The Beautiful

Oh beatiful for spacious skys
    For amber waves of grain,
    For purple mountains majesty,
    Above the fruited plains.

America, America
    God shed His grace on thee,
    And crowned thy good with brotherhood,
    From sea to shining sea.

The words to America The Beatiful are very fitting for this journey. I left Olathe, Kansas at 0500, Jan 26th, heading west on I-70 across Kansas towards Colorado. As I was entering the town of Salinas, Kansas ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. "The Danger To America"

On a quiet afternoon the other week, a missile wandered onto my radar screen, the electronic equivalent of a written document rapped in a rock and "thrown over the transom".

It was from a Texas border watch bud, who advised he had not verified the Reuters part, but asked for a second opinion about the narrative.

The missile read:

A comment on Reuters

“The danger to America is not Barack ...
    Tags: 17, rossi Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Why?

Did you ever wonder why Arizona's SB1070, a bill endorsed by 73% of Arizona's citizens, and 66% nationwide, can't get by the courts? Or why California's Proposition 187, limiting welfare for illegal aliens and favored by 88% of California's population is declared unconstitutional? Why have the news outlets thrown away their vigilance of government, and now whore for the Left? Why is one of the Left's major constituents single mothers under 30?

Angelo M Codevilla, professor emeritus ...
    Tags: 17 Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Pocket Carry Why not give it a try?

“Pocket Carry” Why not give it a try?

Pocket Carry, it's nothing new but with the advancements in handgun technology and small caliber ammunition advances it is making a come back. I say come back due to the fact that in years past it was more common than you think. Contrary to the western movies many citizens in the day carried some type small pocket pistol. Yes the cowboys and gunslingers had guns holstered on their hips but many businessmen and women had heat ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. Packing Gun on Airline Travel

I have not seen this discussed in this forum, but it is discussed a lot on many other gun forums, so I thought I would just provide a few tips that I have encountered when air traveling with a gun...yes, I take a gun everywhere that I can legally! YES you can take a gun on an airline to your destination...but you must first ensure that your permit is recognized by the state you are traveling to...and yes the state you are traveling to must be in reciprocity with the state which you are from. You ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. exotic leather holsters ...

Quote Originally Posted by Bebo View Post
    A friend of mine here in Grand Junction Colorado, makes and sells exotic holsters and has asked me to test wear one of his holsters. His holsters are made from alligator, black cobra, python, camel, on and on these exotic holsters are pretty nice and can be found at Nottingham customs LLP. you can always drop me a line to ask questions .. I think he charges about $125.00 for the holsters. I am testing a alligator in waste band holster for a kimber CDP with three inch barrel and so far the only thing
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  9. World War II Pilot

Andrew's eyes are the color of a grey sky. His mind is still fairly sharp. Only his face and hands show his age. His wife died a few years ago.

I had the priviledge of visiting with Andrew this morning at the Whataburger near my house. We had both come in for breakfast. While we have seen each other there before, he and I are both "regulars," this morning was the first time I really got to talk to him.

Andrew was "about 17 or 18" when the Japanese ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  10. Front Sight, Day 2

At Front Sight "regular" students classes start at 0800. Instructor Development students, like the instructors, have to show up earlier to set up their range, do dry practice, or prep for lectures. At 0700 we all showed up and set up our range and prepared for our presentations. Each student had a meeting with Mr Bishop and Mr Morello.

During my meeting Mr Bishop, Mr Morello and I discussed the logistics and prerequisites of becoming an instructor. Mr Bishop and Mr Morello ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  11. The Frailty of Freedom

The freedom we possess in the United States of America is both envied and hated by people of other nations. The same could be said of people here inside the United States. There are large numbers of people that want to re-write our Bill of Rights and they seek to take from us, freedom as we know it to be. Our Founding Fathers foresaw the frailty of freedom, and constructed the Constitution to create the new world of America. They had escaped the tyranny and oppressive rule of King George III through ...
    Categories
    Political/Opinion
  12. Road Trip To Front Sight, #1

Friday, 22 Jan. This is the first blog entry for my Road Trip To Front Sight.

As you can tell by the title I am driving to the Front Sight Training facility near Parhump, Nevada. I have had several folks ask why drive when I could fly, which would actually have been cheaper. Well, for me it is alot about the journey and not just the destination. During the planning for the trip I decided that I probably wouldn't get a chance to drive across the country again in the near future. As ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  13. Road Trip To Front Sight, #3 Meeting Rossi.

My son and I had the priviledge of having lunch with Rossi today. The old adage, "it takes one to know one" is very true. As soon as my son and I walked into the restaurant it took about two seconds to locate Rossi, who had already identified me as a fellow sheepdog. Upon meeting we introduced ourselves and began to visit. Like my lunch with RKB a few months ago it was more like old friends reuniting than new friends trying to get to know each other. The three of us had a nice lunch at ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  14. Road To Front Sight, #5 A Day With Bebo

At the conclusion of dinner Tuesday evening Bebo and I decided to meet around 10:00 Wednesday morning. When I arrived at Bebo's house snow was starting to fall and visibility was decreasing. The roads, for someone from south Texas, were looking ominous. So, Bebo says, "Lets take a drive and I'll show you the sights." We climbed into a Jeep and took off. The snow continued to fall.

Our tour of Grand Junction naturally took us to the Colorado National Monument. Even though ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  15. Front Sight, Day 1

I was a little tired last night when I did my blog. I forgot to mention that I am staying in the Best Western. When I checked in the lady at the counter asked if I was attending a class at Front Sight (it seems we all look like sheepdogs)? I told her yes. She checked my reservation and adjusted my room rate to the Front Sight Student rate which is about $10/night less than the discounted rate I got with NRA. She then handed me a section of towel. I asked what it was for. She said it was to clean ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Important Site Information