shopify analytics ecommerce
American Sheepdog - Blog Entries - Blogs
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Front Sight, Day 2

At Front Sight "regular" students classes start at 0800. Instructor Development students, like the instructors, have to show up earlier to set up their range, do dry practice, or prep for lectures. At 0700 we all showed up and set up our range and prepared for our presentations. Each student had a meeting with Mr Bishop and Mr Morello.

During my meeting Mr Bishop, Mr Morello and I discussed the logistics and prerequisites of becoming an instructor. Mr Bishop and Mr Morello ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Narrate The Story Backwards

In Force Science News, Transmission #142, researchers discuss a technique that appears to give indicators that reflects deception in the relating of an incident. About half-way through this article, I'll give you a stopping place, if you would want to test yourself. Although not fool-proof, there appears to be valuable indicators that further investigation is called for.

Rossi

Theories abound about how best to tell if a suspect ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Front Sight, Day 1

I was a little tired last night when I did my blog. I forgot to mention that I am staying in the Best Western. When I checked in the lady at the counter asked if I was attending a class at Front Sight (it seems we all look like sheepdogs)? I told her yes. She checked my reservation and adjusted my room rate to the Front Sight Student rate which is about $10/night less than the discounted rate I got with NRA. She then handed me a section of towel. I asked what it was for. She said it was to clean ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. The Road To Front Sight, #6. The last leg.

0600 hrs, 27 Jan 10: I woke up early after having accepted Bebo's invitation to spend the night. My bed was warm and comfortable, but I was like a kid on Christmas Eve, I couldn't sleep. Before I could leave though I had to clear two inches of Colorado White Gold Dust from off my car. At 0635 I was on the road. The conditions of the day before were still present, limited visibility and icey roads. The first few hours were slow going. As the sun came up it did little to improve things. It was hard ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Road To Front Sight, #5 A Day With Bebo

At the conclusion of dinner Tuesday evening Bebo and I decided to meet around 10:00 Wednesday morning. When I arrived at Bebo's house snow was starting to fall and visibility was decreasing. The roads, for someone from south Texas, were looking ominous. So, Bebo says, "Lets take a drive and I'll show you the sights." We climbed into a Jeep and took off. The snow continued to fall.

Our tour of Grand Junction naturally took us to the Colorado National Monument. Even though ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Thomas Paine - The 2nd American Revolution

The 2nd American Revolution

Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. Thomas Paine - The Broken Common Bond

The Broken Common Bond

Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. Thomas Paine - We The People

Thomas Paine - We The People

Categories
    Uncategorized
  9. Road Trip To Front Sight, #4 America The Beautiful

Oh beatiful for spacious skys
    For amber waves of grain,
    For purple mountains majesty,
    Above the fruited plains.

America, America
    God shed His grace on thee,
    And crowned thy good with brotherhood,
    From sea to shining sea.

The words to America The Beatiful are very fitting for this journey. I left Olathe, Kansas at 0500, Jan 26th, heading west on I-70 across Kansas towards Colorado. As I was entering the town of Salinas, Kansas ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  10. Road Trip To Front Sight, #3 Meeting Rossi.

My son and I had the priviledge of having lunch with Rossi today. The old adage, "it takes one to know one" is very true. As soon as my son and I walked into the restaurant it took about two seconds to locate Rossi, who had already identified me as a fellow sheepdog. Upon meeting we introduced ourselves and began to visit. Like my lunch with RKB a few months ago it was more like old friends reuniting than new friends trying to get to know each other. The three of us had a nice lunch at ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  11. Road Trip To Front Sight, #2

Arrived at Olathe, Kansas about 0100, 24 Jan. The drive from Burleson, Texas was good. A little rain but nothing serious. I stopped in Norman, Oklahoma and had dinner with an old Air Force buddy of mine. We did the Presidential Security detail at Andrews AFB, Maryland back in the early 80's. Glenn went on to become civilian police officer and is now retired. Where did the time go? After dinner I continued north and east towards Kansas.

Since I arrived before Daniel, my oldest son, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  12. Road Trip To Front Sight, #1

Friday, 22 Jan. This is the first blog entry for my Road Trip To Front Sight.

As you can tell by the title I am driving to the Front Sight Training facility near Parhump, Nevada. I have had several folks ask why drive when I could fly, which would actually have been cheaper. Well, for me it is alot about the journey and not just the destination. During the planning for the trip I decided that I probably wouldn't get a chance to drive across the country again in the near future. As ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  13. I feel sorry for the poor guy.

Quote Originally Posted by SkivMarine View Post
    That poor nigerian terrorist who tried to blow up the airplane on Christmas is starting to be called "The Crotch Bomber", due to the location of the failed bomb.
    Now he will have to go through his life known as "Crotch Bomber". Or people will call him "Crotchy". It's so sad.....
    Local Native Americans named him "guy with no balls". I have just shortened it to Noballs.

Ah hell, I knew I couldn't do this with a straight face
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  14. A Historical March To . . . .

A Historical March To . . . .

D. Noland

The year 1942 was not a good one for the citizens of the United States of America, based on well founded fears of losing their country. Still reeling from the emotional uncertainties of a devastating defeat by the attack on the U.S. bases at Pearl Harbor, the American citizens were further disheartened by what seemed to be a nonstop chronicle of bad news. From the defeat in the Philippines and the Bataan Death ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  15. The Frailty of Freedom

The freedom we possess in the United States of America is both envied and hated by people of other nations. The same could be said of people here inside the United States. There are large numbers of people that want to re-write our Bill of Rights and they seek to take from us, freedom as we know it to be. Our Founding Fathers foresaw the frailty of freedom, and constructed the Constitution to create the new world of America. They had escaped the tyranny and oppressive rule of King George III through ...
    Categories
    Political/Opinion
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Important Site Information