shopify analytics ecommerce
American Sheepdog Online CCW Resource Magazine - REVIEW: Foursevens Quark Pro QP2L-X Flashlight
Click Me
  • REVIEW: Foursevens Quark Pro QP2L-X Flashlight

If you don't own a FourSevens flashlight, you should!

I received this flashlight for Christmas from my brother-in-law and have used it a lot. This tiny light puts out an amazing 780 lumens of clean white light, but that's not all. It comes with 8 different modes.

1. Moonlight (0.5 lumen)
    2. Low (5 lumens)
    3. Medium (55 lumens)
    4. High (300 lumens)
    5. Max (780 lumens*)
    6. Strobe
    7. S.O.S. (Morse code)
    8. Beacon**

* Burst mode: First 1 minute at max, then ramps down to 50% within the next 30 seconds
    ** Beacon mode first flashes 5 times, then once every 10 seconds

This light will add daylight to any dark room. I compared it to both of my C4 LED Streamlight's in a dark room and the difference was apparent. It is bright! It comes with a pocket clip, belt holster, lanyard, extra o-rings and a rubber hand grip. The hand grip is very handy when crossing your wrists while holding a handgun to clear a house or room. You won't drop it if you need your fingers to turn a door knob. It uses two CR123A batteries. I'm still using the two batteries supplied with it.

It does get hot quickly but when used for long periods at a lower lumen setting its very manageable. It lists for $75 which is not expensive when compared to other brands that aren't even as bright. I've used it almost daily in the 0.5 lumen Moonlight mode when getting ready for work in the dark so I do not disturb my wife while I'm looking for what ever it is I've misplaced. That feature is actually very nice and although its not much light, you'll find that it is just right when you need a little light without giving away your position. The programmed S.O.S. and Beacon modes will be very handy if you ever need to signal your location to others. The different lumen settings make it easy to use just the right amount of light while preserving battery life.

The size makes it perfect for carry in a pocket, purse or backpack. This makes it the perfect daily carry light for the CCW minded person.

Pros:
    • Very Bright
    • Affordable
    • Multi-mode
    • Accessories
    • Size

Cons:
    • Not rechargeable

The beam on the left is the C4 Streamlight

The beam on the right is the FourSevens light

Overall I'm very happy with this flashlight. I plan to use it for a long time. It's the perfect light for around the house, camping, hiking, Military, Law Enforcement and other first responders. I highly recommend this flashlight.

QP2L-

Specs

Dimensions Length: 4.5 inches
    Body diameter: 0.86 inches
    Head diameter: 0.86 inches
    Weight (without batteries): 1.8 oz
    LED Emitter CREE XM-L2
    Voltage range 3V-9V
    Spot Beam Angle: 13.9 degrees
    Diameter at 3 meters: 730mm
    Flood Beam Angle: 73 degrees
    Diameter at 3 meters: 4.44 meters
    Brightness Levels Moonlight: 0.5 lumens, 25 days
    Low: 5 lumens, 4 days
    Medium: 55 lumens, 14 hrs
    High: 300 lumens, 3.2 hrs
    Max:Burst at 780 lumens, 1 minute
    then 390 lumens, 1.9 hrs
    Special Modes Strobe: 780 lumens at 10hz, 1 hr
    SOS: 4 hours
    Beacon, 12 hrs
    Reflector Textured
    Body Material Type-III hard-anodized aircraft-grade aluminum
    Bezel Material Type-III hard-anodized aircraft-grade aluminum
    Lens Material Impact-resistant glass, sapphire coating, antireflective coating
    Included Accessories Batteries, lanyard, split ring for keychain attachment, spare o-ring, holster, hand-grip

Check out their website for more:
    http://www.foursevens.com/products/QP2L-X-AF

UGA
    This article was originally published in forum thread: REVIEW: Foursevens Quark Pro QP2L-X Flashlight started by UGA View original post
    Comments 3 Comments
      rkbartley -
      It is brighter than your Streamlights??? It is true that mine is a few/several years old now...but wow. Quite an offering for $75. Thanks for the review. I have a few folks in my family that could benifit from a light like that.

rkb
      UGA -
      Quote Originally Posted by rkbartley View Post
      It is brighter than your Streamlights??? It is true that mine is a few/several years old now...but wow. Quite an offering for $75. Thanks for the review. I have a few folks in my family that could benifit from a light like that.

rkb

Attachment 2013

I took this just now. If a picture is worth a thousand words...

The beam on the left is the C4 Streamlight, the beam on the right is the FourSevens light.

EDIT: I'm adding this picture to the Review
      rkbartley -
      Wow.....that just blows me away.

Important Site Information