shopify analytics ecommerce
Road Trip To Front Sight, #1 - Blogs - American Sheepdog
Click Me
View RSS Feed

Sgt T

Road Trip To Front Sight, #1

Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.
Friday, 22 Jan. This is the first blog entry for my Road Trip To Front Sight.

As you can tell by the title I am driving to the Front Sight Training facility near Parhump, Nevada. I have had several folks ask why drive when I could fly, which would actually have been cheaper. Well, for me it is alot about the journey and not just the destination. During the planning for the trip I decided that I probably wouldn't get a chance to drive across the country again in the near future. As it is my trip has gone from a fairly straight forward "there and back" affair to a circuitous journey crossing eight states. That is if the weather cooperates. If all goes according to plan (fingers crossed) I will drive across Texas (south to north), Oklahoma, Kansas, Colorado, Utah, the corner of Nevada, Arizona, and New Mexico before crossing Texas again (west to east).

Today I completed the first leg of the trip. I have safely arrived in Burleson, TX (just south of Fort Worth). The weather, road and traffic conditions were perfect. The trip was pleasant and uneventful. My mom stayed up for my arrival then immediately went to bed. I will soon follow. Tomorrow I head north to Oklahoma City for lunch with an Air Force buddy, then on to Kansas City, KS to see my sons. More to follow.

Submit "Road Trip To Front Sight, #1" to Facebook Submit "Road Trip To Front Sight, #1" to Digg Submit "Road Trip To Front Sight, #1" to del.icio.us Submit "Road Trip To Front Sight, #1" to StumbleUpon Submit "Road Trip To Front Sight, #1" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

The journey begins! Hope you are having the time of your life with the limited time you have alloted yourself.
    Bebo and I are looking forward to meeting you, at least hopefully I will be able to. I get home from work at 9pm when you are in our town, so I am keeping my fingers crossed!

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL:

Important Site Information