shopify analytics ecommerce
The Road To Front Sight, #6. The last leg. - Blogs - American Sheepdog
View RSS Feed

Sgt T

The Road To Front Sight, #6. The last leg.

Rate this Entry
0600 hrs, 27 Jan 10: I woke up early after having accepted Bebo's invitation to spend the night. My bed was warm and comfortable, but I was like a kid on Christmas Eve, I couldn't sleep. Before I could leave though I had to clear two inches of Colorado White Gold Dust from off my car. At 0635 I was on the road. The conditions of the day before were still present, limited visibility and icey roads. The first few hours were slow going. As the sun came up it did little to improve things. It was hard to tell where the ground ended and the sky began.

Fortunately for me the visibility was improving and road conditions were getting better as I crossed the state line into Utah. My drive across Utah was amazing. The landscapes were incredible. I was, for a brief time, living in a John Ford movie. The contrast of the snow on the mountains and canyons just got grander and grander. This is why I chose to drive rather than fly. I was crossing over some of the most rugged and beautiful terrain in the country. I can only imagine at the difficulty the pioneers encountered as they crossed this same land.

Nine hours after leaving Grand Junction, Colorado I was approaching Las Vegas, Nevada. As I drove through Las Vegas the thought came to mind that I was safer on the icey roads of Colorado than on I-15. I couldn't wait to get out of Las Vegas.

Ten hours exactly after leaving GJ, I arrived in Pahrump, NV. Tomorrow I begin my class.

Submit "The Road To Front Sight, #6. The last leg." to Facebook Submit "The Road To Front Sight, #6. The last leg." to Digg Submit "The Road To Front Sight, #6. The last leg." to del.icio.us Submit "The Road To Front Sight, #6. The last leg." to StumbleUpon Submit "The Road To Front Sight, #6. The last leg." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Vegas traffic is a hoot....that town really needs an outer loop!

Really enjoying your blog Scott, can hardly wait for the next installment.

rkb
    The landscape between the Colorado border and I-15 going thru Utah is one of the most spectacular landscapes I have ever seen. Yep, well worth driving it.

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL:

Important Site Information