shopify analytics ecommerce
About Me, Sgt T. - Blogs - American Sheepdog
View RSS Feed

Sgt T

About Me, Sgt T.

Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
I am sure that the members of AmericanSheepdog wonder who "we", the moderators are. I hope this first blog entry answers that question.

I am pretty much like any other member of ASD. I believe that the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution guarantees every American the right to keep and bear arms for self-defense. Not just from criminals but from tyrannical forces which could come to power within the government of the United States. That is why we, the people, have the Constitution, to limit the power of government. I also enjoy collecting and shooting various firearms.

I have been an avid shooter for over 40 years, and I'm only 47. I am a veteran of the United States Air Force, in which I served in the Security Police. My first assignment was Andrews AFB, Maryland. I was a member of the Emergency Service Team (civilan SWAT) which provided security for the President of the United States, members of Congress, and all dignitaries transiting Andrews AFB, MD from 1980-1985.

I provided security for Presidents Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, then Vice President Bush and his son, future President Bush, British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, the Premier of China, the President of the Soviet Union, the President of the Phillipines, two Presidents of Egypt and many others. I saw the hostages come back from Iran. I was an eye witness to lots of history. I did tours in South Korea, Saudia Arabia and Kuwait.

My training has included the Prince Georges County, Maryland, Police Department Emergency Service Team School, the USAF Emergency Service Team Field Supervisor Course, the USAF Air Base Ground Defense Course (Honor Graduate), the USAF Law Enforcement Supervisors Course, and the Defense Training International Advanced Handgun, Rifle, Shotgun Course.

I am a National Rifle Association Certified Instructor for: Home Firearm Safety, Pistol, Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The Home, Refuse To Be A Victim. I am also an American Red Cross First Aid and CPR Instructor.

During my time in the Air Force I trained Emergency Service Teams for over ten years. I competed in combat competions for two years and then became a coach. In all, I have almost 30 years of experience as a competitor, instructor, and operator.

I am a Benefactor Life Member of the National Rifle Association, a Benefactor Life Member of the Texas State Rifle Association, a Life Member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars, a member of the International Defensive Pistol Association, a member of the US Concealed Carry Association, a member Optimist International, and a moderator on ASD.

Whenever I give an opinion, advice, or make a comment I try to be as accurate as possible. However, what works for me may not work for you. It is up to each member to take or leave the information given as they see fit. While I consider myself to be "knowledgable" I make no claim to be "all-knowing." I welcome opinions that differ from mine. How else can I learn, how else can I teach?

Thank you for taking your time to "get to know me." I look forward to meeting you in the forums.

Sgt T, aka "Scott"

Submit "About Me, Sgt T." to Facebook Submit "About Me, Sgt T." to Digg Submit "About Me, Sgt T." to del.icio.us Submit "About Me, Sgt T." to StumbleUpon Submit "About Me, Sgt T." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL:

Important Site Information