shopify analytics ecommerce
ASD - What is your method of carry? - The Original American Sheepdog!
Click Me

View Poll Results: What is your method of carry?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Auto 1911 style-unchambered

1 3.33%
  • Auto 1911 style-chambered,decocked

1 3.33%
  • Auto 1911 style-chambered,cocked w/safety on

8 26.67%
  • Auto XD/Glock style-unchambered

1 3.33%
  • Auto XD/Glock style-chambered

16 53.33%
  • Revolver-fully loaded

3 10.00%
  • Revolver-hammer on empty cylinder

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is your method of carry?

Question What is your method of carry?

Just a poll to see which is most common.
    It takes only seconds to call the police, waiting for them to arrive could take the rest of your life...

Administrator

Red face Stupid question time...

I have never been one to be afraid to show my ignorance so here goes....

I carry a HK P2000sk...its not a 1911 style but it does have a decock....it is quite different from the XD/Glock. I carry chambered, decocked...which option, as offered, do I choose?

rkb
    rkb

Member:

NRA
    TSRA
    TCHA
    USCCA
    OES, PM #316

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samual Adams
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."- Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by rkbartley View Post
    I have never been one to be afraid to show my ignorance so here goes....

I carry a HK P2000sk...its not a 1911 style but it does have a decock....it is quite different from the XD/Glock. I carry chambered, decocked...which option, as offered, do I choose?

rkb
    In your case, I would pick 1911-chambered & decocked.

Is it hammerless? Trying to think without looking it up.

I chose 1911 for hammers and XD/Glock for hammerless striker fired. I guess Beretta 92 and the Taurus clone would have to go to the hammered type 1911.

If you have a striker fired w/decock, I can add the option.

Thought I covered 'em all. Oops!:o
    Last edited by UGA; 07-11-2009 at 07:40 PM.
    It takes only seconds to call the police, waiting for them to arrive could take the rest of your life...

Blog Entries

I agree, 1911 w/decock.

Which version? Nice Gun

Rossi

PS: A bud has the Taurus 92M. He might argue with you as which one is the clone. He carries locked and cocked. 1911, chambered w/safety. Same with my 1986 Taurus 99AF Military Issue....it's the bedroom gun....very dangerous tool.
    Last edited by Rossi; 07-11-2009 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rossi View Post

PS: A bud has the Taurus 92M. He might argue with you as which one is the clone. He carries locked and cocked. 1911, chambered w/safety. Same with my 1986 Taurus 99AF Military Issue....it's the bedroom gun....very dangerous tool.
    LOL, tell your bud, no pun was intended. I just went with who was first to build the concept.:D

Blog Entries

Concept indeed. 1980, Taurus buys the factory, adds 4 major changes to the Taurus version and issues. But....you'll have to get in line...I give him the business all the time about Beretta-light and all that. In reality, both are great guns in my opinion.

Rossi

Administrator

Smile Thanks guys!

Rossi, it's a V3 (DA/SA w/ decocker).

UGA, it has a hammer. I started to chose the 1911-chambered & decocked option; however, I have a friend who would razz me unmercifully for comparing my little HK with one of his precious 1911s. But since it seems to be a consensus with you and Rossi, it works for me...my friend (he knows who he is) will just have to get over it!! :D

rkb
    rkb

Member:

NRA
    TSRA
    TCHA
    USCCA
    OES, PM #316

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samual Adams
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."- Thomas Jefferson

Blog Entries

rkb: Like your friend, I, too, am an old 'Corps 1911 shooter but with broader tollerances for what a 1911 is. If it followed Browning's general concept of a semi-auto, it's a 1911 for the purposes UGA asked for, in my opinion.

It's like Harley-Davidson motorcycles. Some Harley riders are all amped up about riders who don't ride Harleys. For me, if a guy/gal is in the wind, they are in my camp no matter what they ride.

Rossi

Staff Contributor
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rkbartley View Post
    Rossi, it's a V3 (DA/SA w/ decocker).

UGA, it has a hammer. I started to chose the 1911-chambered & decocked option; however, I have a friend who would razz me unmercifully for comparing my little HK with one of his precious 1911s. But since it seems to be a consensus with you and Rossi, it works for me...my friend (he knows who he is) will just have to get over it!! :D

rkb
    Only a Texas girl would be bold enough to compare a HK with a 1911 .. If you would buy a nice 3 inch kimber, you would not have to pretend your HK is a 1911 .. But True friends will forgive anything Rosemary
    Last edited by Bebo; 07-12-2009 at 02:17 PM.

Administrator

Talking Hmmm....I feel a fued brew'in

Quote Originally Posted by Bebo View Post
    Only a Texas girl would be bold enough to compare a HK with a 1911 .. If you would buy a nice 3 inch kimber, you would not have to pretend your HK is a 1911 .. But True friends will forgive anything Rosemary
    Ha...if you were a friend you would send me that nice little Kimber of yours for my birthday! No reason for you to have more than one...then I could retire the HK to plinking at the range on Sunday afternoons! :D

rkb
    rkb

Member:

NRA
    TSRA
    TCHA
    USCCA
    OES, PM #316