shopify analytics ecommerce
ASD - Gunzilla - The Original American Sheepdog!
Click Me

Thread: Gunzilla

Default Gunzilla

Greetings everyone. About a year ago, while at my NRA-taught CCW class, one of the instructors introduced us to Gunzilla; said he vouched completely for the stuff. So I've been using it since for both cleaning and lubrication. Seems to work fine, but I've only been shooting for 18 months or so; thus my experience is somewhat limited. I shoot a lot; several times per week, 100 rounds each trip, and clean my guns after each session. I've found mostly positive comments about Gunzilla, but am wondering if folks here have any thoughts. I care about my firearms and want to ensure they're always in the best condition possible and ready for use at any time.

Your thoughts are welcome. Thanks.

david
    A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves
    himself.
    -- Josh Billings

He who learns must suffer... And in our own despair,
    against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.
    -- Aeschylus

2. The Following User Says Thank You to youngde For This Useful Post:

suncat05 (07-22-2012)

ASD Senior Member

Blog Entries

Icon6

Try Frog Lube...it may save cleaning time if you clean after every range session.
    Retired USAF
    NRA Certified Instructor (several disciplines)
    Combat FocusŪ Shooting Instructor
    Certified SIG Armorer
    ACLDN Affliated Instructor
    www.nwfft.com
    barry@nwfft.com

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NWFFT For This Useful Post:

suncat05 (07-22-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by NWFFT View Post
    Try Frog Lube...it may save cleaning time if you clean after every range session.
    I've heard a lot about this stuff lately, I'm going to have to give it a try. I've never tried Gunzilla.
    Human beings understand and respect compassion, kindness, empathy, truth, fairness and logic.
    Predators respect strength

ASD Senior Member

Cool! Now I can go shopping for 2 things!
    HUG YOUR KIDS EVERY DAY AND TELL THEM YOU LOVE THEM
    R.I.P. Zachary, 6/19/95-10/25/12

ASD Senior Member Jim Trueblood's Avatar

Icon6

Thanks for the info on Gunzilla. There's a bunch of good products on the market today.

When I buy, I like
    M-Pro 7

http://www.mpro7.com/index.html

"What drives the M-Pro7 Team are the hundreds of letters and e-mails we receive from soldiers, law enforcement officers and their families. Many of these letters are passionate testimonials about the lives M-Pro7 has saved because a weapon worked flawlessly and consistently. Too often these letters ask for our help because their current weapon cleaners or supply chain can't get it done.

Rest assured that we will continue to make products that do their job every time so that you can safely do yours. We are committed to those serving our country and communities.

We are dedicated to the men and women who serve our country – donating thousands of bottles, kits and sundries through
    adoptasniper.org, anysoldier.com, law enforcement agencies, academies and training facilities.

We spend thousands of man-hours wading through the United States Government bureaucracy advocating for reform of the outdated military weapon cleaning specifications and thousands of dollars on testing to ensure soldiers and law enforcement officers will eventually have access to the best technology.

We are reading your letters – keep them coming. We thank you sincerely for your sacrifices."

Respectfully,
    The M-Pro7 Team
    Last edited by Jim Trueblood; 07-18-2012 at 09:48 AM.
    "The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental."
    John Steinbeck

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jim Trueblood For This Useful Post:

Eccentric (07-23-2012), suncat05 (07-22-2012)

ASD Senior Member

There's lots of good cleaning/lubing products on the market for your weapons. Try the ones you think will work best for you, then use them when you need them. It's up to you, they're your weapons.
    I am a huge fan of Militec-1, but that is personal preference, just as whatever you finally settle on will be your own preference.
    And always be open to suggestions and trying new products, as keeping guns and cleaning them tends to be an ever-evolving process. JMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Trueblood View Post
    Thanks for the info on Gunzilla. There's a bunch of good products on the market today.

When I buy, I like
    M-Pro 7

http://www.mpro7.com/index.html

"What drives the M-Pro7 Team are the hundreds of letters and e-mails we receive from soldiers, law enforcement officers and their families. Many of these letters are passionate testimonials about the lives M-Pro7 has saved because a weapon worked flawlessly and consistently. Too often these letters ask for our help because their current weapon cleaners or supply chain can't get it done.

Rest assured that we will continue to make products that do their job every time so that you can safely do yours. We are committed to those serving our country and communities.

We are dedicated to the men and women who serve our country – donating thousands of bottles, kits and sundries through
    adoptasniper.org, anysoldier.com, law enforcement agencies, academies and training facilities.

We spend thousands of man-hours wading through the United States Government bureaucracy advocating for reform of the outdated military weapon cleaning specifications and thousands of dollars on testing to ensure soldiers and law enforcement officers will eventually have access to the best technology.

We are reading your letters – keep them coming. We thank you sincerely for your sacrifices."

Respectfully,
    The M-Pro7 Team
    Don't use M-Pro on anything that's lacquered.. Like S/W Air weights, Kimbers, most all Aluminum frames...
    It eats into the finish, found out the hard way after sending three of my guns back to figure what happened... Ended up being something in the M-Pro, even my LGS stopped carrying it after the manufactures sent there findings back..

Never had a problem with it on any of my other guns, blued or otherwise.. Even my AR/AK's were good to go..
    Last edited by Justin Appleseed; 07-23-2012 at 03:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Appleseed View Post
    Don't use M-Pro on anything that's lacquered.. Like S/W Air weights, Kimbers, most all Aluminum frames...
    Sorry to hear about your troubles. You bring up a very good point when it comes to cleaning handguns, strength of formula versus finish.

I've been using M-Pro
    "Cleaner Lubricant" and "Gun Oil" on my aluminum frame Kimbers and S&W Airweights for many years without the slightest issue to their finish.

I DON'T use their
    "Gun Cleaner", "Bore Gel", or "Copper Remover" on any of my handguns, ever. When it comes to my handguns, aluminum, steel, or polymer, I've always preferred a mild formula with a strong dose of elbow grease.

Last edited by Jim Trueblood; 07-23-2012 at 10:18 AM.
    John Steinbeck

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Trueblood View Post
    Sorry to hear about your troubles. You bring up a very good point when it comes to cleaning handguns, strength of formula versus finish.

I've been using M-Pro
    "Cleaner Lubricant" and "Gun Oil" on my aluminum frame Kimbers and S&W Airweights for many years without the slightest issue to their finish.

I DON'T use their
    "Gun Cleaner", "Bore Gel", or "Copper Remover" on any of my handguns, ever. When it comes to my handguns, aluminum, steel, or polymer, I've always preferred a mild formula with a strong dose of elbow grease.

I found out the hard way, bought their kit with everything you mentioned.. Used it exclusively.. When I figured it out I was amazed.. But it happened for a reason.. I went on a mission and found frog lube, gunzilla, clp, lots of other good stuff out there... But still looking for that one product that keeps sweat from rusting any finish.. Hard to do here in Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Appleseed View Post
    still looking for that one product that keeps sweat from rusting any finish.. Hard to do here in Texas.
    For several years, going way back, I worked exclusively with blue-steel and walnut when it came to handguns. Talk about tough to keep surface rust at bay in adverse conditions. After cleaning my blue steel revolvers, with the walnut grips still removed, I would put gun oil on a clean cotton patch and apply a light coat of oil all over the exterior surface and the frame underneath the grips. Then I'd leave it alone for 24 hours. Next I'd wipe off any excess oil with a silicone cloth. I'd wipe down my duty revolvers daily with the silicone cloth. That kept my blue steel rust-free.

Keep us posted on any products you try and like.
    John Steinbeck