shopify analytics ecommerce
ASD - Rants, rave, and a soapbox. - Page 2 - The Original American Sheepdog!
Click Me
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rants, rave, and a soapbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Eccentric View Post
    The fact that after a purge the intelligensia is eliminated should be understood by all the wise-*** college kids......
    Aside from targeting the Jews in Poland the Nazi also went after the Poles themselves. It is estimated that the deaths of about 1.9 million Poles were ordered as well. Genocide was conducted systematically against the Polish people: on September 7, 1939 Reinhard Heydrich ordered that all Polish nobles and clergy (so much for the myth of Nazi Germany being Christian) and Jews to be killed, on the 12th Wilhelm Keitel, a top german officer added intelligentsia to the list. In that era intelligentsia were considered not only the teachers and professors but anyone that could express a political opinion, in short anyone that could read.
    Last edited by AlfaDog; 08-16-2012 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Cant typ or spill
    To be vigilant, prepared and capable is more than a motto;
    it is a duty to those we love and care for.

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil,
    but because of those who look on and do nothing."....
    Albert Einstein

In recent history there was a incident at the summer Olympics.

Check out this video on YouTube:

Last edited by AlfaDog; 07-29-2012 at 08:46 PM.

Albert Einstein

ASD Senior Member Jim Trueblood's Avatar

Icon6

This thread would go well with a desert sunset, outdoor fire, and fine wines.
    "The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental."
    John Steinbeck

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Trueblood View Post
    and an AR, a 1000 rds of 5.56, a 1911 with 5 loaded mags and 500 rds of .45 ACP. Will that be with a Chablis or a nice Cabernet.
    If Obama is the answer, the question must have been really stupid!
    Official Certification: This is to warrant that the above post contains a minimum of 90% recycled words.

Siren

For once I am at a loss for words. This occured in Aurora CO about a month before the shootings. Do you suppose this was a factor in James Holmes act of insanity?

Last edited by AlfaDog; 07-29-2012 at 08:48 PM.

Albert Einstein

ASD Senior Member Jim Trueblood's Avatar

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by dnola View Post
    and an AR, a 1000 rds of 5.56, a 1911 with 5 loaded mags and 500 rds of .45 ACP. Will that be with a Chablis or a nice Cabernet.
    I saw this post on my BlackBerry (I'm always a decade-or-so behind when it comes to electronic technology) in a store and laughed out loud in a group of people. Gud1!

"The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental."
    John Steinbeck

Default Taking back 2a

There are ultmately three ways to settle any dispute: ballot, bullet, or bucks. Ok so you got a handgun through legal means. You underwent the background check that goes along with that purchase. You decided to carry so you went to the range and passed the test. You submitted to a second more extensive background check involving fingerprinting.

Not the first time you have been fingerprinted as you recall, seems like you were fingerprinted when you signed on with the Department of Defense. In fact you swore an oath that went something like this; I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

How often do we frequent places that have a sign on the door no guns allowed? You might point out to them that you are law abiding citizen and out of respect for their sign (which apparently upsurps the Constitution) that you will not carry your handgun onto their place of business.

You could further point out that the only people NOT likely to obey the sign will be those bent on criminal activities and have not jumped through the hoops you have to be able to carry. You then inform them that being denied your 2a rights that you will choose to place your bucks in the hands of someone more interested in preserving all of the rights of it's citizens.

I really hope that the next concept is never needed by anyone; if you are in a venue where a shooting takes place and you have been denied the right to carry in that establishment be sure to sue for your mental stress and any harm you have suffered because your right to carry was abridged.
    Last edited by AlfaDog; 08-01-2012 at 10:40 PM.

Albert Einstein

Default Legislative rider

The following is something that I would like to see abolished from the legislative process. If abolished it would require bills to stand on their own merit. It would also help to reflect the true reasons our congressmen cast a vote of yea or nay or choose to be absent for a vote.

Warning
    The following is taken directly from Wikipedia with only an index deleted. Click on any of the blue or underlined words and you will leave the ASD website.

In legislative procedure, a rider is an additional provision added to a bill or other measure under the consideration by a legislature, having little connection with the subject matter of the bill.[1] Riders are usually created as a tactic to pass a controversial provision that would not pass as its own bill. Occasionally, a controversial provision is attached to a bill not to be passed itself but to prevent the bill from being passed (in which case it is called a wrecking amendment or poison pill).

United States
    The use of riders is prevalent and customary in the Congress of the United States, as there are no legal or other limitations on their use.
    Riders are most effective when attached to an important bill, such as an appropriation bill, because to veto or postpone such a bill could delay funding to governmental programs, causing serious problems.

When the veto is an all-or-nothing power as it is in the United States Constitution, the executive must either accept the riders or reject the entire bill. The practical consequence of the custom of using riders is to constrain the veto power of the executive.

To counteract riders, 43 of the 50 U.S. states have provisions in their state constitutions allowing the use of line item vetos so that the executive can veto single objectionable items within a bill, without affecting the main purpose or effectiveness of the bill. In addition, theLine Item Veto Act of 1996 was passed to allow the President of the United States to veto single objectionable items within bills passed by Congress, but the Supreme Court struck down the act as unconstitutional in Clinton v. City of New York.

Riders are often completely irrelevant to the bill they are attached and are commonly used to introduce unpopular provisions. These tend to have negative implications for freedom and civil liberties but are nevertheless passed due to the amount of support behind the original bill. For example, a rider to stop net neutrality was attached to a bill relating to military and veteran construction projects.[2]

As luck would have it another Sheepdog made a post today that perfectly illustrates why this practice should be abolished.

See... http://americansheepdog.com/Forum/sh...r-Magazine-Ban
    Last edited by AlfaDog; 07-30-2012 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Add info

Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Trueblood View Post
    As long as we are out in the desert I will take a nice glass of port some stilton cheese a crust of bread and a MRAD .338 Lapua Magnum rifle equiped with Leupold scope, BORS and ultra high rings from the good ol boys at Barrett.

Of course applying a little common sense the port comes after the Barrett.

Last edited by AlfaDog; 07-30-2012 at 06:02 PM.

Albert Einstein

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaDog View Post
    Of course applying a little common sense the port comes after the Barrett.
    Anymore, a little port (or Sangria or Fosters) seems to steady the nerves that have been jangled by watching the so-called news. I'm considering using port as a pre-lube for the .338 if I could ever afford one (.338, not the port). OK, maybe I'm exaggerating a little, but not much.
    If Obama is the answer, the question must have been really stupid!
    Official Certification: This is to warrant that the above post contains a minimum of 90% recycled words.