shopify analytics ecommerce
ASD - New XD-S - The Original American Sheepdog!
Click Me

Thread: New XD-S

Administrator

Default New XD-S

Was at our local gun store this morning picking up a new toy for hubby. Asked the owner what he had that might fit my hand, now that manufactures have finally woken up to the fact that not all shooters have hands like men! Guys, I have to tell you...didn't really think there would ever be another pistol in my life other than my HK;however, the (new?) XD-S .45 ...talk about SWEET!!! And it hides away almost as well as my little derringer. I wanted to bring it home today , but reality hit and the money for the XD is needed to buy ammo for hubby's new AR-15. Really need to win a lottery....

rkb

(Just found your post on this pistol from March. Thanks, Jim!)
    Last edited by rkbartley; 09-08-2012 at 06:24 PM.
    rkb

Member:

NRA
    TSRA
    TCHA
    USCCA
    OES, PM #316

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samual Adams
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."- Thomas Jefferson

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rkbartley For This Useful Post:

Jim Trueblood (09-11-2012)

Excellent, Rosemary. I like my XD........and as to your husband having to buy ammo for the AR first, well, you have to have food for the kids!
    Human beings understand and respect compassion, kindness, empathy, truth, fairness and logic.
    Predators respect strength

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Eccentric For This Useful Post:

rkbartley (09-08-2012)

Administrator

Default XD-S specs...

It's going to take awhile to save the nickles and dimes...but this sweet little darlin' is mine.
    It FITS!!

rkb

gallery-left.jpg

XD-S Compact .45ACP
    http://xdspistol.com/

Specs:
    http://xdspistol.com/specs.php

Features:
    http://xdspistol.com/features-safety.php
    rkb

Member:

NRA
    TSRA
    TCHA
    USCCA
    OES, PM #316

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samual Adams
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."- Thomas Jefferson

ASD Senior Member Jim Trueblood's Avatar

Icon14

I like it a lot too and can easily see one in my future.

http://americansheepdog.com/Forum/sh...light=xds+slim
    Last edited by Jim Trueblood; 09-11-2012 at 11:08 AM.
    "The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental."
    John Steinbeck

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jim Trueblood For This Useful Post:

rkbartley (09-12-2012)

ASD Senior Member Jim Trueblood's Avatar

Icon6 Here's another your hands may enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by rkbartley View Post
    It's going to take awhile to save the nickles and dimes...
    While you're saving your nickles and dimes, another flat, little dandy you may want to try in your hands is the new Smith and Wesson M&P Shield. Less than 1 inch wide and just 19 ounces.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Category4_750001_750051_780153_-1_757781_757781_image

Last edited by Jim Trueblood; 09-13-2012 at 09:35 PM.
    "The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental."
    John Steinbeck

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jim Trueblood For This Useful Post:

rkbartley (09-14-2012)

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Trueblood View Post
    While you're saving your nickles and dimes, another flat, little dandy you may want to try in your hands is the new Smith and Wesson M&P Shield. Less than 1 inch wide and just 19 ounces.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Category4_750001_750051_780153_-1_757781_757781_image

I'll check it out, thanks Jim!

rkb
    rkb

Member:

NRA
    TSRA
    TCHA
    USCCA
    OES, PM #316

Default New XD-S

Really sad that all of these guns have been recalled. The factory has not yet figured out what to do to the XDS to fix it. I think they can fix them but the cost is going to put them under if they can't figure out something different. Now we know why Glock has never made a smaller gun.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by zeke4351 View Post
    Really sad that all of these guns have been recalled. The factory has not yet figured out what to do to the XDS to fix it. I think they can fix them but the cost is going to put them under if they can't figure out something different. Now we know why Glock has never made a smaller gun.
    I read about this. Guess it's a good thing I couldn't afford what I thought I wanted, bummer. In the mean time, still very happy with my HK P2000sk, and of course my little Bond Derringer. They both will do what I need if ever needed.
    rkb

Member:

NRA
    TSRA
    TCHA
    USCCA
    OES, PM #316

Default New XD-S

The XDS is now being fixed and shipped. That is great news for all the people waiting for news from the factory.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zeke4351 For This Useful Post:

rkbartley (10-21-2013), UGA (10-21-2013)