shopify analytics ecommerce
ASD - Ruger 10/22 Takedown - The Original American Sheepdog!
Click Me

Thread: Ruger 10/22 Takedown

In Ponchatoula, La., about 2 miles south of the intersection of I-55 and I-12

Default Ruger 10/22 Takedown

I bought a Ruger 10/22 Takedown .22 rifle a few weeks ago, and installed a Nikon Prostaff 3-9 power Rimfire .22 Long Rifle scope on it. It came with a case that you can use when the rifle is taken down, but I can't use it, because the butt end is too long with the scope on it. I took it out to the range and zeroed the scope in a few days ago, but I didn't have the mount screws tight enough so my groups moved around a little. I had read one review of the rifle by someone who said the only thing he didn't particularly like about the rifle was that the trigger was sort of mushy. I guess I lucked up on that, because the trigger on mine has just a little takeup and then you don't have any movement whatever until it goes bang. The only thing I don't like is the magazine release is right in front of the trigger assembly, and you push it forward to release the magazine. I use my range bag with the rifle case that came with the rifle for a rest, and if I'm not careful, if I move the rifle back a little it releases the magazine and causes a failure to feed. I shot the gun at 50 yds. to zero the scope and then fired it at 100 yds. and 150 yds. Now before all you young shooters tell me how piss poor I shot, remember that I'm 79 years old, and not as steady as I once was. Heh, heh. I do know that I can hit a man-sized target at 150 yds. every time I pull the trigger, and that's what I want it for. I can hit anything I can see from my condo. The first picture at 50 yds. was shot the first day I took it out. That's 15 rounds at 50 Yds. The next 50 yd. target was shot Thursday of this week. I live this little rifle and the scope ain't bad either. The scope has the little rings under the x-hair for 75, 100, 125, and 150 yds. after zeroing at 50 yds. There's a post under the last ring, and I tried shooting, using the post at 175 yds., but it shot several inches to the left, so I guess that post isn't lined up with the circles. PICT0176.jpgPICT0177.jpgPICT0178.jpgPICT0179.jpg

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cottonmouth For This Useful Post:

Jim Trueblood (10-31-2012), rkbartley (10-29-2012)

I forgot to show the 10/22. Here it is.PICT0167.jpg

ASD Senior Member Jim Trueblood's Avatar

Icon14

Sweet piece, nice shootin', thanks for sharing your experience.
    "The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental."
    John Steinbeck

Blog Entries

Nice shooting, and you can look forward to many years of good service from the 10/22. I always have respect for a company the hits on a good product, and continues with almost the same design for decades.

Parts are still available, and there is a robust after-market industry. My 1975 10/22 is converted with a pistol-grip tactical frame with a folding stock, and it is the same deadly shooter it was when it come off the assembly line.

And yes.... at 79, you are, like me, a C.O.F. (Certified Old Fart).

Rossi

Heh, heh, Rossi, you're right about that. I'm feeling older every day. I injured my right shoulder about a month ago, and I can't shoot my pistols one handed. Combing my hair is even hard. Roy

I had trouble keeping my scope mount tight, but I finally put some locktite on the screws, and that took care of the problem. I shot the best group at 50 yds. yesterday that I have managed so far. The 5 round group measured 7/8". Four of the rounds had a little less than 1/2" spread. I think that's about the best I will ever do.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cottonmouth View Post
    I had trouble keeping my scope mount tight, but I finally put some locktite on the screws, and that took care of the problem. I shot the best group at 50 yds. yesterday that I have managed so far. The 5 round group measured 7/8". Four of the rounds had a little less than 1/2" spread. I think that's about the best I will ever do.
    Sweet shooting my bud.

Rossi

ASD Senior Member Jim Trueblood's Avatar

Icon14

Thanks for the update. I like that .22 Takedown. Great Shootin' too.
    "The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental."
    John Steinbeck

thanks for the information..
    natural diet pill to replace