shopify analytics ecommerce
ASD - Sig Sauer P938 9mm - The Early Going - The Original American Sheepdog!
Click Me
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig Sauer P938 9mm - The Early Going

Blog Entries

Default Sig Sauer P938 9mm - The Early Going

My Sig 238 .380 BUG now has a big brother. The newly released P938 9mm version joined the armory last Thursday. It is the "Nightmare" model is all black and uses the 1911 platform.

The Early Going:

1. The package, as opposed to the P238, does not include a holster. For the first time ever I had accepted a factory holster for daily use. the P238's factory rig tucked the butt in close, tension adjustable and became the daily carry following the motorcycle crash on 9-6-2011, in which, both hands and left leg were broken.

2. The package did not include an extra magazine, and the one furnished was flush, leaving only 2 fingers for the presentation. Total bummer.

3. Ok, all the crap is out of the way. my handy-dandy gun shop was able to spring two extended magazines which not only allowed a firm grip, but furnish an extra round on board to boot. The pistol is now 7+1.

4. The factory advised the holsters will be made by ITec (as were the 238's) and will be out soon. But..... they are made in Israel, and those guys are ...em... kinda' busy these days, so a delay would be understandable.

5. I got to the range late and only got 50 rounds down range. Classic Sig.... a couple of flyers as I got a handle on things, but then.... a deadly shooter at 25', and that was with the dinky magazine (only 2 fingers on), recovering injured hand, and right out of the box with factory shipping lubrication. Flawless action, and all 50 in the Triangle Of Death.

6. The pistol is a little fatter for the bigger round, slightly longer, but it's basically Sig quaity in a 9mm concealable package.

7. Further shakedown, and report to follow..........

Rossi

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rossi For This Useful Post:

Eccentric (11-19-2012), Jim Trueblood (11-18-2012), mmszbi (11-29-2012), rkbartley (11-18-2012)

ASD Senior Member Jim Trueblood's Avatar

Icon14

Thanks for the post. Good to hear things with the P938 are going well. It's a sweet little package. I most commonly see Desantis and Uncle Mike's concealment holsters being used with this little Sig dandy. It's becoming quite popular so I'm sure holsters for it will be springing up everywhere.

Happy Holster Hunting.

http://www.desantisholster.com/store/SEARCH-BY-GUN-MANUFACTURER/SIG-SAUER/sig-p938

http://www.unclemikes.com/holsters/concealed-carry-holsters

http://www.remoraholsterstore.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=p938

https://www.recluseholster.com/products/sigp938
    Last edited by Jim Trueblood; 11-18-2012 at 02:09 PM.
    "The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental."
    John Steinbeck

Administrator

Thanks for the review, and good to "see" you again, Rossi!

rkb
    rkb

Member:

NRA
    TSRA
    TCHA
    USCCA
    OES, PM #316

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samual Adams
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."- Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by rkbartley View Post
    Thanks for the review, and good to "see" you again, Rossi!

rkb
    Same here!!
    Human beings understand and respect compassion, kindness, empathy, truth, fairness and logic.
    Predators respect strength

Blog Entries

QUOTE=Jim Trueblood;31626]Thanks for the post. Good to hear things with the P938 are going well. It's a sweet little package. I most commonly see Desantis and Uncle Mike's concealment holsters being used with this little Sig dandy. It's becoming quite popular so I'm sure holsters for it will be springing up everywhere.

Happy Holster Hunting.

http://www.desantisholster.com/store/SEARCH-BY-GUN-MANUFACTURER/SIG-SAUER/sig-p938

http://www.unclemikes.com/holsters/concealed-carry-holsters

http://www.remoraholsterstore.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=p938

https://www.recluseholster.com/products/sigp938
    [/QUOTE]

Hi Jim

I had seen all of these, but thanks for bringing them. Others that purchase the P938 might like one or all of the offerings in the links you furnished.

But.... I wanted one like was furnished with the P 238. It fits the gun perfectly and also has the bolt tightening screw. The P938 is a shade bigger and will not fit that holster.

But, here is a temporary answer which is probably just unique to me. I also own a Springfield Armory EMP pistol. It came with it's own holster, but I never used it, preferring a BLACKHAWK, level 2 security holster for that gun. I dug the stock EMP holster out, and it fit almost perfectly. It is good enough to get me by until ITec springs the proper one.

rkb: Thanks for the kind words. I will possibly be having some more time in the future, as I was able to sell my business. It is real estate, so you know the deal. The$xxxxxxxxx turned into $x. The contracts have been signed, but the closing will be in a couple of weeks. But, I have no complaints. I lived the American dream... the kids got grown and educated and we are still eating regular. Life's end game didn't work out as well as we would have wished, but in spite of the recent election, America promises a chance for total success, not an outcome.

In spite of all that..... we are in reasonably good health, I can ride the wind that only motorcycles an give, and regularly show up at the Mexican border in attempts to repay America for all the blessings it afforded us.

Rossi

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rossi For This Useful Post:

Jim Trueblood (11-19-2012), mmszbi (11-29-2012), rkbartley (11-29-2012)

Administrator

Rossi, you know if you ever need anything on the way to/from the border I am just a few miles off your usual route. Give me a shout! So happy you have mended.

rkb
    rkb

Member:

NRA
    TSRA
    TCHA
    USCCA
    OES, PM #316

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samual Adams
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."- Thomas Jefferson

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rkbartley View Post
    Rossi, you know if you ever need anything on the way to/from the border I am just a few miles off your usual route. Give me a shout! So happy you have mended.

rkb
    Eccentric: Thanks for the shout. Always good to hear from my buds.

rkb: The operation dates are closely held. As we get closer, I'll study travel and time issues and visit with you private. Lunch would be swell.

Rossi

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rossi For This Useful Post:

rkbartley (11-20-2012)

ASD Senior Member

Blog Entries

Icon6

Quote Originally Posted by Rossi View Post
    My Sig 238 .380 BUG now has a big brother. The newly released P938 9mm version joined the armory last Thursday. It is the "Nightmare" model is all black and uses the 1911 platform.

The Early Going:

1. The package, as opposed to the P238, does not include a holster. For the first time ever I had accepted a factory holster for daily use. the P238's factory rig tucked the butt in close, tension adjustable and became the daily carry following the motorcycle crash on 9-6-2011, in which, both hands and left leg were broken.

2. The package did not include an extra magazine, and the one furnished was flush, leaving only 2 fingers for the presentation. Total bummer.

3. Ok, all the crap is out of the way. my handy-dandy gun shop was able to spring two extended magazines which not only allowed a firm grip, but furnish an extra round on board to boot. The pistol is now 7+1.

4. The factory advised the holsters will be made by ITec (as were the 238's) and will be out soon. But..... they are made in Israel, and those guys are ...em... kinda' busy these days, so a delay would be understandable.

5. I got to the range late and only got 50 rounds down range. Classic Sig.... a couple of flyers as I got a handle on things, but then.... a deadly shooter at 25', and that was with the dinky magazine (only 2 fingers on), recovering injured hand, and right out of the box with factory shipping lubrication. Flawless action, and all 50 in the Triangle Of Death.

6. The pistol is a little fatter for the bigger round, slightly longer, but it's basically Sig quaity in a 9mm concealable package.

7. Further shakedown, and report to follow..........

Rossi
    O.K. so you reported MORE negatives than positives about the gun and had a gunsmith make altercations to the gun to make it better?...so why is this gun any good? I have three SIG guns and love them, but they are far from the BEST defensive pistols!
    Retired USAF
    NRA Certified Instructor (several disciplines)
    Combat FocusŪ Shooting Instructor
    Certified SIG Armorer
    ACLDN Affliated Instructor
    www.nwfft.com
    barry@nwfft.com

Administrator

Icon6

Quote Originally Posted by NWFFT View Post
    O.K. so you reported MORE negatives than positives about the gun and had a gunsmith make altercations to the gun to make it better?...so why is this gun any good? I have three SIG guns and love them, but they are far from the BEST defensive pistols!
    I read differently and didn't hear any negatives about the gun... just the package that came (or didn't come) with it.

For a man with large hands Rossi needs extended magazines which allow for a better than two finger grip on the small pistol. And even then the gun was "a deadly shooter at 25', and that was with the dinky magazine (only 2 fingers on), recovering injured hand, and right out of the box with factory shipping lubrication. Flawless action, and all 50 in the Triangle Of Death." That sounds like pretty high praise to me. Waiting to hear further developments....

rkb
    rkb

Member:

NRA
    TSRA
    TCHA
    USCCA
    OES, PM #316

13. The Following User Says Thank You to rkbartley For This Useful Post:

Jim Trueblood (12-02-2012)

ASD Senior Member

Wow, this catching up is gonna suck, so much has happened to everyone. Rossi, sorry to hear of your challenges, glad to hear of the healing. I am a little further south than Rosemary but only by an hour or so, maybe we 3 could do a lunch?

I have only shot a few Sigs, have never owned one. My knowledge of them is mainly like a Glock, reliable, efficient handguns, but you either love them or hate them. Like the Glock, the Sig just simply didn't feel right in my hand. However, that being said, I have always been a fan of the 1911 so if Sig has made one similar or on that platform, count me in, I will have to do some serious investigation.

Keep us posted on your progress and gun!
    HUG YOUR KIDS EVERY DAY AND TELL THEM YOU LOVE THEM
    R.I.P. Zachary, 6/19/95-10/25/12