shopify analytics ecommerce
ASD - School Attacker Response Course - The Original American Sheepdog!

Thread: School Attacker Response Course

ASD Senior Member

Blog Entries

Icon6 School Attacker Response Course

My wife and i just completed our instructor level certification for the I.C.E. Training Company, (Rob Pincus) course in the "School Attacker Response Course". This course is based on a non firearms response! It is based on a better plan than "Hide and Hope"! We are currently working with our local school officials to get this course into the local school system. This course is provided FREE to all school teachers and administrators. Go to www.schoolattackerresponsecourse.com to get more information on the web, or search for school attacker response on Face Book.
    Retired USAF
    NRA Certified Instructor (several disciplines)
    Combat FocusŪ Shooting Instructor
    Certified SIG Armorer
    ACLDN Affliated Instructor
    www.nwfft.com
    barry@nwfft.com

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NWFFT For This Useful Post:

Jim Trueblood (04-04-2013)

ASD Senior Member Jim Trueblood's Avatar

Icon14

Congrats to you and the Mrs.
    "The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental."
    John Steinbeck

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jim Trueblood For This Useful Post:

NWFFT (04-05-2013)

ASD Senior Member

Just this past weekend my agency sponsored some training for us involving an active shooter scenario in one of our schools and at the Courthouse.
    We used "blue guns" and airsoft guns. Very good training. We studied several different formations to approach the problem from, although truthfully some of the scenarios we used would most likely not happen in our agency due to our small size and with regards as to how far out in the boonies some of our guys patrol. Immediate response to an active shooter is most likely going to be by whoever the closest few deputies are, and then the concensus is that whoever gets there first immediately responds to where the shooting & noise is with whatever you have available to quickly and effectively reply to the threat. Our duty sidearm, an AR-15 with as much ammo as you can carry, or a 12 guage shotgun loaded with 00 buck.
    Watched a video of the Columbine shooting. My God, truly some terrifying stuff with some uninentional comic relief by one brave teenager that got away from those two little shits before they did what little POS cowards like that mostly seem to do........commit suicide like a stinkin' coward will do so they don't have to face their justice like a man.
    Again, very good training. And although I've been on the job & served in the Army and seen some really bad stuff in my travels in my many years of working as a LEO, this training just served to reinforce what I have already made up my mind to do if it were to ever happen here: Respond as quickly and efficiently as possible and stop the threat by whatever legal means necessary, whether it be with a firearm, a knife, or with my bare hands.
    If this ever happens here, I CANNOT and WILL NOT FAIL. These are people I love and respect and care for.
    Of course, I hope & pray that this nightmare situation never happens ANYWHERE ever again.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to suncat05 For This Useful Post:

NWFFT (04-12-2013), rkbartley (04-10-2013)

Administrator

Suncat, thank you for the post...I have heard of similar around the country...but it is reassuring to hear first hand.

I would also like to thank you for your service, to both our country and to your community! It is good to see you back on the forum!

rkb
    rkb

Member:

NRA
    TSRA
    TCHA
    USCCA
    OES, PM #316

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samual Adams
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."- Thomas Jefferson

8. The Following User Says Thank You to rkbartley For This Useful Post:

suncat05 (04-13-2013)

ASD Senior Member

Blog Entries

Icon6

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    Just this past weekend my agency sponsored some training for us involving an active shooter scenario in one of our schools and at the Courthouse.
    We used "blue guns" and airsoft guns. Very good training. We studied several different formations to approach the problem from, although truthfully some of the scenarios we used would most likely not happen in our agency due to our small size and with regards as to how far out in the boonies some of our guys patrol. Immediate response to an active shooter is most likely going to be by whoever the closest few deputies are, and then the concensus is that whoever gets there first immediately responds to where the shooting & noise is with whatever you have available to quickly and effectively reply to the threat. Our duty sidearm, an AR-15 with as much ammo as you can carry, or a 12 guage shotgun loaded with 00 buck.
    Watched a video of the Columbine shooting. My God, truly some terrifying stuff with some uninentional comic relief by one brave teenager that got away from those two little shits before they did what little POS cowards like that mostly seem to do........commit suicide like a stinkin' coward will do so they don't have to face their justice like a man.
    Again, very good training. And although I've been on the job & served in the Army and seen some really bad stuff in my travels in my many years of working as a LEO, this training just served to reinforce what I have already made up my mind to do if it were to ever happen here: Respond as quickly and efficiently as possible and stop the threat by whatever legal means necessary, whether it be with a firearm, a knife, or with my bare hands.
    If this ever happens here, I CANNOT and WILL NOT FAIL. These are people I love and respect and care for.
    Of course, I hope & pray that this nightmare situation never happens ANYWHERE ever again.
    SUNCAT is 100% correct and I value his determination! Our program is a two/three hour seminar to help school teachers/administrators "ACTIVELY" respond until law enforcement arrives. Both of these ideas will SAVE lives! New laws will NOT save lives.
    Retired USAF
    NRA Certified Instructor (several disciplines)
    Combat FocusŪ Shooting Instructor
    Certified SIG Armorer
    ACLDN Affliated Instructor
    www.nwfft.com
    barry@nwfft.com

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NWFFT For This Useful Post:

rkbartley (04-13-2013), suncat05 (04-13-2013)

ASD Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by rkbartley View Post
    Suncat, thank you for the post...I have heard of similar around the country...but it is reassuring to hear first hand.

I would also like to thank you for your service, to both our country and to your community! It is good to see you back on the forum!

rkb
    Thanks! I have been a little busy of late, and not spending as much time on the p/c as I previously had. But I am still around here, just not as much as before.