shopify analytics ecommerce
ASD - My Opinion - The Original American Sheepdog!
Click Me

Thread: My Opinion

ASD Senior Member

Blog Entries

Icon6 My Opinion

Moderators and all Senior Sheepdog members. It seems to me that the site has gotten stale. There are many posts that are months old and there are posts that I have made and others have made that received no or only one comment. I think that it is our responsibility to guide this site...make posts to stimulate discussion. Lets all work together to make this site one of the best gun information sites on the web.

Thanks
    Retired USAF
    NRA Certified Instructor (several disciplines)
    Combat FocusŪ Shooting Instructor
    Certified SIG Armorer
    ACLDN Affliated Instructor
    www.nwfft.com
    barry@nwfft.com

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NWFFT For This Useful Post:

Bebo (06-19-2013), suncat05 (06-15-2013), UGA (06-12-2013)

Wink The tide is turning...

NWFFT, thanks for the dedication. You and I have been in communication and things will get better for our ASD family here. Sometimes I wonder if our "over" moderation to control spammers and "gun store Rambo's" from belittling members has turned the majority of traffic away. I believe in keeping a family environment and if it keeps us small I'm fine with that as long as we are effective in what we deliver.

Like you as a member and Firearms Instructor, the dedication Rkbartley has given to this site not only in the personal time she devotes as an administrator but the learning curve she had in stepping up to the plate in order to operate our system in the background is amazing. Because this is a FREE site WE ALL volunteer our time to give knowledge and inspire others, I have never asked others to do more than myself especially knowing my involvement has lacked in the last 2 years. Those who communicate with me know my burdens, one step forward and two steps back... I will change that.
    It takes only seconds to call the police, waiting for them to arrive could take the rest of your life...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to UGA For This Useful Post:

Bebo (06-19-2013)

ASD Senior Member

I agree, things have gotten a little slow around here lately. There could be several reasons as to why, one being the current news of spying on normal American citizens and the undertone of those revelations have had on all of us; another reason being that it is the summer now, and folks are traveling and doing family activities together, so less time in front of the keyboard; these are just a couple of the things that come to mind right away.
    I myself have not been posting quite as much of late due to a little bit heavier work load and additional family duties.
    But I'm still here, and not going anywhere.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to suncat05 For This Useful Post:

rkbartley (06-14-2013), UGA (06-15-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    I agree, things have gotten a little slow around here lately. There could be several reasons as to why, one being the current news of spying on normal American citizens and the undertone of those revelations have had on all of us; another reason being that it is the summer now, and folks are traveling and doing family activities together, so less time in front of the keyboard; these are just a couple of the things that come to mind right away.
    I myself have not been posting quite as much of late due to a little bit heavier work load and additional family duties.
    But I'm still here, and not going anywhere.
    All true for me also and more. Not going anywhere either and while my appearance may be spotty due to that and with all that's going on as well as a lack lack of any kind of creative thinking, I will be around!!!

A couple of book suggestions:

The Harbinger and Pirate's Alley

The first one is written as a fictional story but with amazing facts about the beginnings of our country. I have studied a lot of American history and knew none of this.

The second one is fiction.

Check them out if you need something to read rather that looking at reruns.
    Last edited by Eccentric; 06-18-2013 at 07:53 AM.
    Human beings understand and respect compassion, kindness, empathy, truth, fairness and logic.
    Predators respect strength

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eccentric For This Useful Post:

Bebo (06-19-2013), rkbartley (06-18-2013), suncat05 (07-28-2013)