shopify analytics ecommerce
ASD - AR-15 kit build - The Original American Sheepdog!
Click Me

Thread: AR-15 kit build

Staff Contributor
    Blog Entries

Default AR-15 kit build

Finally got my new business off the ground (Armorer Services) and have made my first dealer purchases, Bought a new Glock 21 (45) and two lower receivers and one parts kit (DPSM) ..should be a fun build project. I may post some pictures as it is under construction.
    NRA
    Front sight
    USCCA
    AARL
    RACES
    ARES

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bebo For This Useful Post:

rkbartley (01-08-2014), UGA (01-12-2014)

Icon14 Thats Great!

Quote Originally Posted by Bebo View Post
    Finally got my new business off the ground (Armorer Services) and have made my first dealer purchases, Bought a new Glock 21 (45) and two lower receivers and one parts kit (DPSM) ..should be a fun build project. I may post some pictures as it is under construction.
    Pictures please! Let us know how it goes, it will be interesting to know an issues you may run into and how you resolve them. Good stuff!

UGA
    It takes only seconds to call the police, waiting for them to arrive could take the rest of your life...

Staff Contributor
    Blog Entries

Default AR-15 kit build

the DMPS parts kit and two lower receivers arrived today and only took like three work days to get here from Cheaper than Dirt warehouse. the lower receivers are considered the "gun" by ATF and require a FFL to have them delivered. the totally stripped receivers cost around $97 a piece delivered. the rest of the AR is delivered separate and can be ordered by anyone and delivered to your home, it contains all the remainer of the rifle and all components to complete the build if you have the lower receiver and it cost $450. after a quick look, it has all springs and pins and components to complete the build. before I start the build, I will inspect all parts and check for any factory defect and will use "break free" to lube each part during inspection. Putting the fire control system together is the first step in the assembly process and it is very important to make sure the lower assembly works as designed and this is a good time to check trigger pull weight and smooth out sear contact if needed (use caution with any modification of contact surfaces). I will photograph the project and parts and post later.
    NRA
    Front sight
    USCCA
    AARL
    RACES
    ARES

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bebo For This Useful Post:

rkbartley (01-13-2014), suncat05 (06-22-2014)

Staff Contributor
    Blog Entries

Default assembled AR

There was a young man who has been working in North Dakota who wanted to buy one of the ARs ..I suggested that if he wanted to that I would sit down with him and let him build his own rifle from scratch with me supervising the build ... we sat down on monday Afternoon and three hours later he had totally built his own AR. something special about building your own rifle from parts that makes it kind of special. I have a young lady who is a corrections officer out of town who wants to purchase the other AR...i sat it up for her.
    Last edited by Bebo; 03-03-2014 at 01:16 PM.
    NRA
    Front sight
    USCCA
    AARL
    RACES
    ARES

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bebo For This Useful Post:

suncat05 (06-22-2014)

ASD Senior Member

Blog Entries

Icon6

Good luck in your new business. I started mine over 6 years ago and it is doing very good...but it takes a ton of effort maintaining the admin stuff even with my wife doing most of the admin work.
    Retired USAF
    NRA Certified Instructor (several disciplines)
    Combat FocusŪ Shooting Instructor
    Certified SIG Armorer
    ACLDN Affliated Instructor
    www.nwfft.com
    barry@nwfft.com

9. The Following User Says Thank You to NWFFT For This Useful Post:

suncat05 (06-22-2014)

How's your business going, Bebo? I'd love to hear what were your experiences like for the past few years.
    Hi!