shopify analytics ecommerce
ASD - Resident halts home invasion, KHOU, Houston, Texas, 01/12/13 - The Original American Sheepdog!

Thread: Resident halts home invasion, KHOU, Houston, Texas, 01/12/13

Exclamation Resident halts home invasion, KHOU, Houston, Texas, 01/12/13

A man was at his home in Houston, Texas when an intruder attempted to gain access to the house by using a piece of concrete to smash a front window. When the resident became aware of the attempted intrusion he retrieved a gun and fired at the criminal, striking him in the stomach. When the wounded home invader tried to pursue the resident, the homeowner fired at the criminal a second time, striking him in the hand and ending the intrusion.

More...

Quote Originally Posted by Newt View Post
    When the wounded home invader tried to pursue the resident, the homeowner fired at the criminal a second time, striking him in the hand and ending the intrusion.
    He came after the homeowner after being shot once? If it were me that would say HEAD not hand...
    It takes only seconds to call the police, waiting for them to arrive could take the rest of your life...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to UGA For This Useful Post:

Bebo (01-16-2014)

Staff Contributor
    Blog Entries

Siren hand shot

Quote Originally Posted by UGA View Post
    He came after the homeowner after being shot once? If it were me that would say HEAD not hand...
    yep the golden rule ... stop the threat or the breathing, which ever comes first.
    NRA
    Front sight
    USCCA
    AARL
    RACES
    ARES

Administrator

Default Traing, training, training!

Quote Originally Posted by UGA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bebo View Post
    yep the golden rule ... stop the threat or the breathing, which ever comes first.
    I totally agree with both of you; however, doubt seriously that the homeowner was really aiming for the intruders hand! This is proof why training is so critical, and I don't mean just going to the range and blowing away paper targets. Learn how to place shots where you want them when your adrenalin is flowing and your heart is beating out of your chest. For anyone who has never experienced the feeling, it is a totally different ballgame.

UGA & Bebo, I know you guys and your background, and have no doubt in your posts...but let's remember that many of our members won't have your experience and training behind them. I don't want anyone to think that shooting holes in a paper target prepares them for this type of confrontation. It is just the beginning.

Okay, the overly protective mom in me came out strong this morning...sorry!
    rkb

Member:

NRA
    TSRA
    TCHA
    USCCA
    OES, PM #316

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samual Adams
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."- Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by rkbartley View Post
    UGA & Bebo, I know you guys and your background, and have no doubt in your posts...but let's remember that many of our members won't have your experience and training behind them. I don't want anyone to think that shooting holes in a paper target prepares them for this type of confrontation. It is just the beginning.

Okay, the overly protective mom in me came out strong this morning...sorry!
    Ma'am, yes ma'am....
    It takes only seconds to call the police, waiting for them to arrive could take the rest of your life...