shopify analytics ecommerce
ASD - Articles forum... - The Original American Sheepdog!
Click Me

Thread: Articles forum...

Exclamation Articles forum...

I've added a new articles forum. It is not the same as a standard forum.

It automatically creates an article from a post. It gives it a better look. There is also an advanced module for it on the portal page. This will allow members and guests to browse and specifically target articles they are interested in reading. It still has the option to reply, but it is listed as a comment. Credit is given to the author of each article. Selected articles will be published on the main ASD website as well, on a new enhanced "Featured Articles" page I will soon create.

I have transferred Decline's Sig Review post to the articles forum. It gives an example of how it transforms a normal post.

Decline's review has been a hot topic on the internet recently. I have monitored the Google traffic coming in to view it. It has been Googled and viewed by people across the US as well foreign countries. People have copied and pasted the link, and sent it to friends through their email. It has received a lot of attention.

I would like to encourage you to take a shot a writing an article. You do not have to be a pro. If we have any aspiring writers, here is your venue. It can be a product review as Decline has done, or your thoughts on concealed carry, the 2nd Amendment, or anything related to what we do here at ASD.

Make your voice heard!
    Last edited by UGA; 08-02-2009 at 02:38 PM.
    It takes only seconds to call the police, waiting for them to arrive could take the rest of your life...

Question

Well how cool!
    I am honored to have the first posted article. If i had know so many people would read it I would have spent a little more time on it! Maybe even capitalized some things.

How do we submit an article? Do we just post them as a regular post and then if the Administrator decides it is a good article it gets moved or do we specifically post them in the article section?

Just post them in the articles section, I'll take it from there. Also, if you write an article, add a photo to it. (or I will) It can be at the top or bottom, the program will find it.

BTW: You can still edit it for capitalization and other things if you'd like. It would clean it up better, not that its bad, just saying...;)
    It takes only seconds to call the police, waiting for them to arrive could take the rest of your life...

Quote Originally Posted by UGA View Post
    BTW: You can still edit it for capitalization and other things if you'd like. It would clean it up better, not that its bad, just saying...;)
    Done and done:D

Blog Entries

Nice work Phillip and Decline's article was interesting. Very professional.

I recall one time I saw something like this....hmm, for some reason I swerved into a Full Auto site. There was a very professional looking "article"/post from an obviously very informed scribbler, who discussed my inquiry, which I don't even remember what it was.

I was however, very impressed. Wish I could recall the site....there might be some ideas you could use. Anyway, thanks for the addition, I'm sure it will generate allot of hits.

Rossi

P.S. Ah, got it now. It concerned MasterPiece's Mini-9 Defender Series. My first time out, this machine pistol auto-fired sometimes. Cool, but surprised me.

The guy on the Full Auto site advised that this was common until the gun is broken in, but even then it is easy to bump-fire. Yummy, especially with a 30-round stick.

The next day, the factory whispered into the phone the same thing.

Rossi