shopify analytics ecommerce
ASD - HK VP9 Striker Fired Pistol - The Original American Sheepdog!
Click Me

Thread: HK VP9 Striker Fired Pistol

Administrator

Default HK VP9 Striker Fired Pistol

I have been enamored with HK firearms for several years although I only own one. There are so many aspects of the VP9 that draw me; however the small, medium and large interchangeable backstraps and side grip panels for a more cutomized grip is the clincher (no pun intended) ...and the finger grooves on the front strap are icing on the cake. Be still my heart... I may have mentioned that I really love HK. Yes, I know we have lots of Glock guys, some Kimber guys, etc; however, I have fairly small hands and these guns didn't work for me until just recently. I don't have the words to express my frustration in previous years while hunting for a pistol that FIT...only to give up because my trigger finger wouldn't reach the trigger without shifting my hand around where my thumb was on the backstrap. My HK P2000sk was the first pistol I found with changable grips...the first to fit. It was love at first contact and it was fairly small; could be concealed with care. The only drawback is a very heavy DA on the first shot. This distinction is what makes the VP9 so exciting for me. All the great qualities of my P2000sk in a striker fired pistol! Really looking forward to trying one out soon.

Read more: http://www.recoilweb.com/hk-vp9-stri...#ixzz370r6wAA4
    rkb

Member:

NRA
    TSRA
    TCHA
    USCCA
    OES, PM #316

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samual Adams
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."- Thomas Jefferson

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rkbartley For This Useful Post:

suncat05 (07-20-2014)

ASD Senior Member

I carry an H&K USP Compact in .40 S&W as my duty weapon. My Sheriff was good enough to issue such fine handguns to all us of here in my agency. Although I am still at heart a Sig Sauer guy, there is absolutley nothing wrong with an H&K. H&K makes fine defensive handguns and rifles. You cannot go wrong with an H&K as your defensive concealed carry handgun, or for whatever reason you would want to own one, whether it be for home defense, competition shooting, concealed carry, or duty carry.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to suncat05 For This Useful Post:

rkbartley (07-20-2014)

Humph!

Everything the progressively crappier and crappier Glocks should have evolved into, but didn't.

Administrator

Talking

Umm...not touching that one Arc Angel! Too hot for my delicate hands!
    Last edited by rkbartley; 07-23-2014 at 04:45 PM.
    rkb

Member:

NRA
    TSRA
    TCHA
    USCCA
    OES, PM #316

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samual Adams
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."- Thomas Jefferson

OK!

I don't know what this means; but, I've been on internet gun forums for a good 12 years now. During this time I've noticed something I consider to be extraordinarily curious: On just about anybody's gun forum it's easier to freely criticize God, and doubt His existence than it is to criticize a Glock pistol - no matter how well reasoned or justified - without numerous other forum members taking serious (almost heartfelt) umbrage.

Why is that? Glock pistols are clumsily designed, 'bare bones', cheap plastic pistols with one of the worst factory stock triggers I've ever used. I've read where Smyrna, themselves, have admitted that as many as 15% of all brand new Glock pistols don't perform, 'up to specification'. Still, it remains largely verboten for anyone to dare to criticize a Glock; and, just like on this forum, any negative criticism of a Glock pistol - no matter how obvious, properly called for, or well justified - is going to be allowed to stand, unchallenged!

What is it? A sign of the times? Do you think that HAARP might, somehow, be involved? (I'm serious!)

Me? My most recently purchased Glock is a G-19. It doesn't eject properly; and I've spent hundreds of extra dollars, over and above the original purchase price, in order to finally turn it into a, (What shall I say?) 'marginal performer'. The feeling I'm left with after reading the H&K, VP9 review is almost an insult. Here I am stuck with, 'Hitler's revenge'; and H&K comes out with a 9mm pistol that is everything my G-19(RTF2) pistol should have been, but ain't, and never will be.

Is there a Glockophile out there who'd like a very nice looking, professionally customized, G-19(RTF2) with a high quality Bar-Sto barrel, and vastly improved trigger that ejects - if not perfectly, at least - consistently and without throwing brass into the shooter's face in the same way that it did during the first two years I owned it?

If so, I'll sell my G-19 for a significant discount over what I paid for it, the holster, the spare parts kit, ALL Wolff springs & steel rod, and 8 full capacity magazines - Several with + 2 extensions. First $950.00 takes it! Buyer pays shipping and FFL transfer fee.

I promise, it's got one of the best triggers you'll ever find on a Glock! If you don't mind a pistol that won't eject more than one or two feet then you should be very happy with it.
    Last edited by Arc Angel; 10-27-2014 at 11:35 AM.

ASD Senior Member

I am not a big fan of a Glock. Especially the earlier versions, Gen 1 thru 3. I am especially not fond of the ergonomics of the grip. But that aside, there is nothing wrong with a Glock. It almost always goes "bang" when you pull the trigger. Probably 99.9% of the time. It is lightweight, and the smaller models like the Glock 23 are very easily concealable and will not hurt your hip or your back when you have to carry it on a 12 hour shift.
    I carried a Glock 23 when I worked for a small police agency in south Florida, as it was the issue weapon. I qualified with it, no problem, but the ergonomics of the grip angle is not natural for me. FOR ME. Maybe not you, or countless others, but it is not for me. That aside, there isn't anything wrong with a Glock. If there was, it would not be the best selling pistol to law enforcement and military users world wide.
    I just don't have an affinity for them because of the ergonomics of the grip. That's it.

I just prefer a Sig Sauer or an H&K. Even an S&W M&P. That is my taste and what suits me best, what I am most comfortable with. But if a situation ever arose where my gun runs dry, or my only other/possibly last option is to pick up somebody's Glock to dispatch a bad guy/enemy combatant, as long as it has a round in the chamber I know it will go "bang" just like it's supposed to. And if it doesn't, then I'm going to beat them to death with it, if that's what it takes to survive and go home.

The type gun doesn't mean squat when it's all over. I'm going to live and go home. Period. The gun is a tool in my toolbox. Just like my back-up gun, and any of my knives, or my fists or feet. Guns are like cars, as there are lots of different styles of vehicles. What you like personally is what you're going to drive. I like Nissan's & Toyota's. You might like Ford's & Dodge's. What difference does it make at the end of the day as long as we get where we're going? JMHO.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to suncat05 For This Useful Post:

zeke4351 (11-28-2014)