shopify analytics ecommerce
ASD - What do we teall LEO when they show up after a home invasion shooting - The Original American Sheepdog!
Click Me

Thread: What do we teall LEO when they show up after a home invasion shooting

ASD Senior Member

Blog Entries

Icon6 What do we teall LEO when they show up after a home invasion shooting

There are many ideas on what to tell the officers that show up after a home invasion shooting. What will you tell them and why?
    Retired USAF
    NRA Certified Instructor (several disciplines)
    Combat Focus® Shooting Instructor
    Certified SIG Armorer
    ACLDN Affliated Instructor
    www.nwfft.com
    barry@nwfft.com

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NWFFT For This Useful Post:

suncat05 (08-17-2014)

Administrator

Icon14 Excellent Question!

This is an excellent question. I have often run scenarios on what to say/do after a self defense shooting away from home, but for some reason have not given much thought about an in home self defense situation. Right now I believe the same basics still apply, "I was in fear of my life or my loved ones" (otherwise I don't pull the trigger). Then, "I am much too upset to talk about it right now, later please?" (shut up and call a lawyer).

Thanks for bring this up...will be looking forward to other replies.
    rkb

Member:

NRA
    TSRA
    TCHA
    USCCA
    OES, PM #316

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samual Adams
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."- Thomas Jefferson

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rkbartley For This Useful Post:

NWFFT (08-05-2014), suncat05 (08-17-2014)

ASD Senior Member

1)TELL THE TRUTH!
    2)Say exactly what happened, as it happened, in the order in which the details of the event took place, to the best of your memory.
    3)DO NOT CHANGE YOUR STORY! DO NOT CHANGE YOUR STORY! DO NOT CHANGE YOUR STORY!
    4)If the police read you your rights, SHUT UP & TELL THEM YOU WANT TO CONSULT WITH YOUR ATTORNEY! PROTECT YOURSELF from them!
    And remember this........even though you may like and even respect the police, they have a job to do, and they are not your friends. And some of
    them may have an agenda, against your best interests. So........PROTECT YOURSELF! And DO NOT be shy about asking for your Constitutional
    protections. Those protections are in place for a reason. Tell the police that you will talk to them AFTER you've spoken with your attorney, and that
    you will cooperate fully. DO NOT let the police pressure you into giving a statement. If they're trying to coerce or force you into giving them a
    statement, then they may be trying to hurt you. PROTECT YOURSELF!
    5)And remember this: if you've been involved in a shooting, you are under an incredible amount of stress, and if you talk too much, you just might talk
    yourself right into jail. Tell the truth, but keep it short, concise, and on point. And if the police read you your Miranda Warning, STOP TALKING and tell them you want to talk with your attorney. At that point the police must STOP asking you questions until you have legal representation.
    6)I realize that some of you may be confused or amazed that I'm telling you to do these things, but I know all too well how this game is played.
    PROTECT YOURSELF!
    Last edited by suncat05; 08-17-2014 at 09:38 AM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to suncat05 For This Useful Post:

NWFFT (09-12-2014), rkbartley (08-17-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by NWFFT View Post
    There are many ideas on what to tell the officers that show up after a home invasion shooting. What will you tell them and why?
    ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! (Already been there, done that, and have the T-shirt!)

The police are NOT your friends - Not even the ones who seem sympathetic to what you've just gone through.

References:

(1) http://www.kirkpiccione.com/10-reasons-not-talk-police/

(2) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

IMPORTANT NOTE: Like the man said: Do not allow your desire to avoid staying in jail for the night (or whatever) to end up putting you in jail for many years to come! Be smart, be tough; and, every time a request for additional information is made, simply repeat the statement,

Officer, I’d like to cooperate with you; but this is a potentially serious matter; and I have nothing more to say until AFTER I speak with an attorney - Thank you!
    Last edited by Arc Angel; 07-09-2015 at 08:58 AM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arc Angel For This Useful Post:

rkbartley (08-25-2015), suncat05 (05-07-2017)