shopify analytics ecommerce
ASD - Lee Enfield British 303 - The Original American Sheepdog!

Thread: Lee Enfield British 303

Default Lee Enfield British 303

A year or two ago my father gave me his Lee Enfield 303. I have several Mosin Nagants but this is my first Enfield. It is military surplus and I don't think he ever shot it because its still full of cosmoline. Does anyone have any history with them? I looked around on the internet to get some information. It has the flip up rear tangent sight for long range shooting. Matching serial numbers including the detachable magazine.

Markings

No 4 Mk I* = (The * Asterisk added as opposed to the standard No 4 Mk I) In 1942 during WWII, the No. 4 rifle was further simplified for mass-production with the creation of the No. 4 Mk I*, with the bolt release catch replaced by a simpler notch on the bolt track of the rifle's receiver

LONG BRANCH = The location of manufacture. It was produced only in North America, by Long Branch Arsenal in Canada and Savage-Stevens Firearms in the USA.

1944 = Year of manufacture (Obviously )

I found this interesting video on the 303...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSnjCA8_V4U
    Last edited by UGA; 05-16-2015 at 02:10 PM.
    It takes only seconds to call the police, waiting for them to arrive could take the rest of your life...