shopify analytics ecommerce
ASD - NRA "Blended" learning - The Original American Sheepdog!
Click Me

Thread: NRA "Blended" learning

ASD Senior Member

Blog Entries

Icon6 NRA "Blended" learning

The NRA has decided to make the "Basic pistol" course an online presentation. The student registers for the NRA basic pistol class and then does the "classroom" portion on-line and then presents the range instructor with a completion certificate and a checklist of what the range instructor must witness/verify at the range. As far as I can detain from the many facebook posts, the NRA is going to charge $50.00. How can any instructor plan to to teach the range portion and make any money?

Thoughts/opinions
    Retired USAF
    NRA Certified Instructor (several disciplines)
    Combat Focus® Shooting Instructor
    Certified SIG Armorer
    ACLDN Affliated Instructor
    www.nwfft.com
    barry@nwfft.com

Administrator

Hmm...first I've heard of this. Does NRA offer instructors any options? Maybe "blending" a bit more advanced training with the beginning range course? Don't know...trying to brainstorm here.
    rkb

Member:

NRA
    TSRA
    TCHA
    USCCA
    OES, PM #316

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samual Adams
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."- Thomas Jefferson

ASD Senior Member

This sounds like to me to be a method to cut into actual range instructors pockets. At least that's how it sounds to me.
    I understand the idea behind this, that being controlling the course being taught, but I also see it as an attempt to cut the earnings of the actual range instructors. Or.........making the price go up as well, as that could be another outcome of the split course. The NRA makes more, and the range instructors keep their prices about the same too.
    In the end, I cannot see where the paying customer gains in this.

I'd have to hear and see more about this to formulate more of an opinion than what I am gleaning from this right now.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to suncat05 For This Useful Post:

NWFFT (01-25-2016)

ASD Senior Member

Blog Entries

Icon6

From what I have gathered so far from the FaceBook posts on the NRA page is that the NRA is going to charge between 50 and 75 dollars for the student to take the on-line course and then expect the range instructor to VERIFY the info they learned online and then conduct the range/shooting part of the class. In my opinion, the NRA is ripping off NRA instructors; so I charged $90.00 to conduct and NRA Basic Pistol class. I paid $13.00 for each NRA student packet for the class and I paid $10.00 for each student's range fee from the $90.00. This NRA program, in my opinion is only a way for the NRA to make money and take money away from the instructors. Well, I have solved that problem...I will never teach an NRA class again. I have designed my own class that incorporates some of the basic pistol concepts but adds in defensive shooting concepts vs. that stupid marksmanship shooting.
    Retired USAF
    NRA Certified Instructor (several disciplines)
    Combat Focus® Shooting Instructor
    Certified SIG Armorer
    ACLDN Affliated Instructor
    www.nwfft.com
    barry@nwfft.com

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NWFFT For This Useful Post:

suncat05 (02-19-2016)