shopify analytics ecommerce
ASD - ammo supplies ... - The Original American Sheepdog!
Click Me
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ammo supplies ...

Staff Contributor
    Blog Entries

Default ammo supplies ...

a couple months ago, I ordered from Cabelas 1000 rounds of both 45 and 40 cal. winchester white box 230 grain fmj ammo ... finally I got the 45 cal ammo delivered but still no date on the 40 cal ammo delivery date ... luckily, a local dealer seems to be able to get a lot of 40 cal ammo so the supply is available ... maybe we are finally starting to catch up on the ammo supply demand in America ... it was a good day, life is always good when you get 48 pounds of ammo by UPS.
    NRA
    Front sight
    USCCA
    AARL
    RACES
    ARES

Administrator

I am still waiting on my 9mm order from Cabela's...the backorder from my backorder has been backordered...something like that. I was able to pick up some 9s and 410s at WalMart this morning. They had a nice supply of 40s also...at two stores! Just plinking rounds but that is what I use the most of! Still looking for 45 long colt....do you think they still make those things???

rkb
    rkb

Member:

NRA
    TSRA
    TCHA
    USCCA
    OES, PM #316

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samual Adams
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."- Thomas Jefferson

Staff Contributor
    Blog Entries

Default ammo supplies ....

Quote Originally Posted by rkbartley View Post
    I am still waiting on my 9mm order from Cabela's...the backorder from my backorder has been backordered...something like that. I was able to pick up some 9s and 410s at WalMart this morning. They had a nice supply of 40s also...at two stores! Just plinking rounds but that is what I use the most of! Still looking for 45 long colt....do you think they still make those things???

rkb
    Rosemary, I will check here locally and try to get you a couple boxes of 45 long colt to play with when you get you Birthday present, I have and will bring about 50 rounds of silver tip hollow points but you wont want to plink those away... now I did not realize you needed 40 cal .. I have a pretty good supply and can get more so let me know if you need to get some 40 cal ammo and I will pick some up for you too.
    NRA
    Front sight
    USCCA
    AARL
    RACES
    ARES

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bebo View Post
    Rosemary, I will check here locally and try to get you a couple boxes of 45 long colt to play with when you get you Birthday present, I have and will bring about 50 rounds of silver tip hollow points but you wont want to plink those away... now I did not realize you needed 40 cal .. I have a pretty good supply and can get more so let me know if you need to get some 40 cal ammo and I will pick some up for you too.
    I'm fine on the 40's...45 longs.....If you can find some plinking rounds I will gladly take them, if you bring the receipt!
    rkb

Member:

NRA
    TSRA
    TCHA
    USCCA
    OES, PM #316

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samual Adams
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."- Thomas Jefferson

Blog Entries

Hmmmmm There has been a lot of .40 and about every other caliber except .380 at the stores around here for almost a month now. The Wallys have Federal .40 in every store in town and I think there are eight stores here. Went to two gun shops this afternoon and both had every kind you could think of including .380. One store is too high but the other is less than Cabelas, price wise. The later even had large quantities of 9 and 45 in bulk bags. Is this silliness drawing to a close?:eek:
    If Obama is the answer, the question must have been really stupid!
    Official Certification: This is to warrant that the above post contains a minimum of 90% recycled words.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by dnola View Post
    Hmmmmm There has been a lot of .40 and about every other caliber except .380 at the stores around here for almost a month now. The Wallys have Federal .40 in every store in town and I think there are eight stores here. Went to two gun shops this afternoon and both had every kind you could think of including .380. One store is too high but the other is less than Cabelas, price wise. The later even had large quantities of 9 and 45 in bulk bags. Is this silliness drawing to a close?:eek:
    I'm still afraid to hold my breath...

rkb
    rkb

Member:

NRA
    TSRA
    TCHA
    USCCA
    OES, PM #316

Staff Contributor
    Blog Entries

Default ammo ...

Quote Originally Posted by dnola View Post
    I sure hope the supply is finally getting back to normal ... good information.

I'm fine on the 40's...45 longs.....If you can find some plinking rounds I will gladly take them, if you bring the receipt!
    I dont charge friends for birthday presents, what kind of guy do you think I am?? .. a gun without the ammo would be like fixing you a bacon sandwich and not adding the bacon to the sandwich.
    NRA
    Front sight
    USCCA
    AARL
    RACES
    ARES

Administrator

I dont charge friends for birthday presents, what kind of guy do you think I am?? .. a gun without the ammo would be like fixing you a bacon sandwich and not adding the bacon to the sandwich.
    We will discuss this later...
    rkb

Member:

NRA
    TSRA
    TCHA
    USCCA
    OES, PM #316

Staff Contributor
    Blog Entries

Default putting my foot down.

We will discuss this later...
    No we wont, I may be just a one legged guy but I am putting my foot down .. I dont charge my friends for gifts!!!
    NRA
    Front sight
    USCCA
    AARL
    RACES
    ARES

Administrator

No we wont, I may be just a one legged guy but I am putting my foot down .. I dont charge my friends for gifts!!!
    Never realized exactly how stubborn you can be...I will not argue with you on an open forum....
    rkb

Member:

NRA
    TSRA
    TCHA
    USCCA
    OES, PM #316