shopify analytics ecommerce
ASD - Ruger LCP - The Original American Sheepdog!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCP

Question Ruger LCP

Looking for comments on the new Ruger LCP. I saw one at a local gun shop. I liked it. They had a 3 page waiting list for them. I have a Kel-Tec P3AT and may replace it with the LCP.

Default compact bug

I have the same Kel-Tec .380 and I have seen the LCP in an article about the 2008 Shot Show. Looked like the twin of the Kel-Tec. Ruger may be built better, at least thats what I would think... I'll have to check one out. Tried to see one today but my local gun store didn't have one in stock. By the way, it had a good review in the article I read. :D

Default Lcp

Got mine about a month ago at Cabela's for 300 plus tax. shot around 300 rounds of assorted ammo including some reloads i put together a few years ago. Not one malfuction. carring power balls in in now. I own 3 kel tecs and i love them got the 32 and the p11 and the p40 never had a problem with any of them. just polished the barrel and feed ramp before firing a shot through them and no malfuctions in any of them. Just liked the new Ruger better but I have always been a fan of Ruger rifles

Quote Originally Posted by XDfan View Post
    Looking for comments on the new Ruger LCP. I saw one at a local gun shop. I liked it. They had a 3 page waiting list for them. I have a Kel-Tec P3AT and may replace it with the LCP.
    I got my LCP about six weeks ago. have no problems with it. I got a e mail from Rugar yesterday about a recall on the LCP. Rugar stated that it could discharge if dropped. Rugar will retrofit your LCP with a new hammer. You need to e mail Rugar and they will send you a box and shipping lable so you can return the LCP to them. The serial number they are looking for start with 370. Rugar"s phone number is 1-800-784-3701.

Exclamation Recall on LCP

Quote Originally Posted by cowboy View Post
    I got my LCP about six weeks ago. have no problems with it. I got a e mail from Rugar yesterday about a recall on the LCP. Rugar stated that it could discharge if dropped. Rugar will retrofit your LCP with a new hammer. You need to e mail Rugar and they will send you a box and shipping lable so you can return the LCP to them. The serial number they are looking for start with 370. Rugar"s phone number is 1-800-784-3701.
    Great post cowboy! Thanks for the information. This is certainly NEED TO KNOW information. I assume you registered your purchase with Ruger and that's how they were able to contact you. I feel many people haven't done that and would not get the email. Thanks again.:D
    It takes only seconds to call the police, waiting for them to arrive could take the rest of your life...

ASD Senior Member

I like it. Don't have it but probably will in the near future. Talked to some at the range that didn't like it. They said that it had a short life span. Told them that they got the wrong firearm if they were going to shoot it alot. Don't know how often they shoot it, though for one fellow, it is his only gun. From what I've read, it's not a range gun that's gong to be throwing a load of lead down range.

Go for it! Nice in the pocket and cool to shoot at the range for a little while.
    =--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=

Bob
    Sheepdog
    USCCA
    NRA
    CCDL

Glock 30sf KimberPro CDPII Ruger SR9c Ruger SR22P Remington 870 HD ISSC SCAR MK22 Hi-Point 995TS Kriss Vector CRB
    "I'm not Paranoid.....I'm Prepared"...SGT. T

Exclamation

I think that Coastie has one for sale in the Armory Forum.
    My concealed carry permit is the 2nd.Amendment
    NRA Member
    WVCDL Member
    SHEEPDOG!

NE Wash - 5 acres along the Pend Oreille River

I don't have one for sale, but I know someone who does. But from what I just heard on 11/13, its been sold.
    Michael
    USCG (Ret.), Always Prepared!
    Christian, EMT
    Photojournalist
    American Sheepdog Member
    NRA Life Member
    USCCA Member
    Kel-Tec PF-9

'I stand ready!'

Question Ruger Recall

Does anyone have any new information on the Ruger recall on the LCP? Got some info today that they are still hard to get due to the recall. Just wondering if there is anything new with it.
    It takes only seconds to call the police, waiting for them to arrive could take the rest of your life...

Smile RUGER recall

Got my shipping box about a week and 1/2 ago. Packed it up and sent it off that same day. Said they would have it back to me in about 2 weeks, and they would do some upgrading to some internal parts and fix the problem with the gun discharging when dropped on a hard surface. A week later my gun was back with a spare magazine with finger extension and a black Ruger LCP cap.I have had several Rugers in my lifetime and this is the only one I had to return for repairs ands the sevice they gave wsa top notch.
    Last edited by jslj11244; 12-26-2008 at 08:16 PM.