shopify analytics ecommerce
ASD - Scroungers - Page 3 - The Original American Sheepdog!
Click Me
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scroungers

ASD Senior Member

Blog Entries
    I pick up EVERYTHING that is shot...even from my students. If I can't use the brass, I recycle...$150/lb.
    Retired USAF
    NRA Certified Instructor (several disciplines)
    Combat FocusŪ Shooting Instructor
    Certified SIG Armorer
    ACLDN Affliated Instructor
    www.nwfft.com
    barry@nwfft.com

ASD Senior Member

If I can't use the brass, I recycle...$150/lb.
    Holy cow! I'm sending you my brass to turn in! I am lucky to get $.70/lb!
    HUG YOUR KIDS EVERY DAY AND TELL THEM YOU LOVE THEM
    R.I.P. Zachary, 6/19/95-10/25/12

I don't reload yet and have always saved and stored it in a 5-gallon bucket also until the price goes up and then take it in for cash.
    Human beings understand and respect compassion, kindness, empathy, truth, fairness and logic.
    Predators respect strength

I too, do not reload, yet that is... The more I think of it and consider the savings, it really is a no brainer. I just need to prepare for the initial hit with purchasing the equipment.
    It takes only seconds to call the police, waiting for them to arrive could take the rest of your life...

Blog Entries

My friend recieved his Dad's old reloading gear. I have been trying to find 7.62x54r ammo with a casing thats solid brass. I figure, not only will it save money, but that ammo won't last forever out there. It'll be good to just stock pile every shell I shoot.

150 bucks a pound !!!!! Geez. Thats what... a new gun for every 40-50 rifle rounds?
    "First we've got population. Now, the world today has 6.8 billion people. That's headed up to about nine billion. Now, if we do a really great job on new vaccines, health care, reproductive health services, we could lower that by, perhaps, 10 or 15 percent, but there we see an increase of about 1.3." ~ Evil Eugenicist BILL GATES at the TED conference

ASD Senior Member

I just need to prepare for the initial hit with purchasing the equipment.
    Yep. you nailed it on that. But the equipment, with the manufacturers of today, are making a product that will last many many many years with proper care.

Keep an eye on craigslist in your area. I simply use the keyword search for 'reloading'. There are hundreds of sellers of everything you can imagine for reloading. I bought my MEC JR single stage shotshell press NIB for $40. Had to go to Ft.Collins to get it, but my wife was already in Denver so she picked it up for me. A day road trip could save you hundreds of $$$. I see a lot of RCBS stuff and now and again I see some Dillons. If you can score a Dillon that would be great!

Staff Contributor
    Blog Entries

Default new reload equipment ...

Okay, so my good friend michael got me interesting in starting a garden so I went out and bought all the goodies to start a garden, lawnmower, rototiller ...well I finally got my first home grown veggie and I figure that one zuccini cost over $400 dollars but it sure was good ...
    now I have gotten all the equipment to reload, turrent press, dies, bullet trimmers and all the goodies to make my own ammo at home .. we will see how this goes but sure looking forward to reloading my 223, 40 and 45 caliber ammo ... I figure that about 2000 rounds should make the expense even but from then on, it will be half price or better to make my own ammo .. and if it doesnt ...I will just blame michael for getting me into another mess.
    NRA
    Front sight
    USCCA
    AARL
    RACES
    ARES

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bebo View Post
    Okay, so my good friend michael got me interesting in starting a garden so I went out and bought all the goodies to start a garden, lawnmower, rototiller ...well I finally got my first home grown veggie and I figure that one zuccini cost over $400 dollars but it sure was good ...
    now I have gotten all the equipment to reload, turrent press, dies, bullet trimmers and all the goodies to make my own ammo at home .. we will see how this goes but sure looking forward to reloading my 223, 40 and 45 caliber ammo ... I figure that about 2000 rounds should make the expense even but from then on, it will be half price or better to make my own ammo .. and if it doesnt ...I will just blame michael for getting me into another mess.
    Good thing you met Michael, otherwise you would just be sitting around on your thumb with nothing to do. (Did I say that? Must be the Vicodin talking...good stuff.)
    rkb

Member:

NRA
    TSRA
    TCHA
    USCCA
    OES, PM #316

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samual Adams
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."- Thomas Jefferson

ASD Senior Member

Sitting on your thumb.....ha!