shopify analytics ecommerce
ASD - Carrying in prohibited places! - Page 2 - The Original American Sheepdog!
Click Me

View Poll Results: Do you carry in a mall if is posted not to, even though they sell guns in the mall?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. If they sell there, I carry there. Posting or not.

8 88.89%
  • No. That sticker on their door means my gun is in vehicle.

1 11.11%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Carrying in prohibited places!

its a litigation situation. If i try to stop a robbery and hit an innocent bystander with a round who will they sue? me or my multi billion dollar employer?

you are correct SgtT, I am not allowed to carry in work vehicles or anytime i am on the clock. legally they cannot stop me but they could sure fire me.

Blog Entries

I don't discuss this topic on an open form, but I will say that Kansas has (how shall I say this?) Hmm, rather "Broad Torrance" for things like this. As an example I saw a sign the other month that was as small as the credit cards they take, in fact was included in that string.

I LOL. And I don't do that much.

Rossi

Blog Entries

Unhappy ER

When was the last time you were in a hospital ER parking lot after midnight? That is an experience that will put you on high alert immediately. Where do these people come from? The LEO's don't even venture into the parking area and usually are parked with the EMS vehicles. Though I've never seen a hospital that was not posted, I feel you would be negligent to leave your weapon in the car. The waiting room is a sea of tension and anger. Often the reason someone is there is sitting on the other side of the room. Everyone feels they have been there too long.

Most of these people are not your next door neighbor types that have fallen off a ladder or suffered a heart attack. For the most part, they are the people you see on the news, along with their relatives and friends. If you have acquaintances that are prone to accidents, suggest that they have these accidents at 2:00 in the afternoon! But, you really don't know how long you will be at the ER even then. It may well be dark before you leave!

ER's, unlike malls, are usually not optional places to be. You don't set the date and time for the visit. If you don't have to be there, you won't be there. Be prepared and be careful.
    If Obama is the answer, the question must have been really stupid!
    Official Certification: This is to warrant that the above post contains a minimum of 90% recycled words.

I also carry anywhere except a Federal Bld etc. The only thing that worries me also is if there is a metal detector any one does not see it or know it. Wonder what would happen, anyone have that experience?? BJ

Quote Originally Posted by B J Elliott View Post
    I also carry anywhere except a Federal Bld etc. The only thing that worries me also is if there is a metal detector any one does not see it or know it. Wonder what would happen, anyone have that experience?? BJ
    i would think they would have to post it. it would be pointless not to. they are metal detectors not just gun detectors. almost every person walking through the door would set it off.

Blog Entries

No prob B.J., just say "What sign?" People, me included, act stupid all the time.

Rossi

i know this is an old thread but wanted to add my opinion. i carry everywhere unless the posting has the force of law behind it, mostly gov buildings. most places that are posted can only ask you to leave, in wich case i would walk out the door never to return. if i can't have my gun, they can't have my money!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to countybob For This Useful Post:

Bebo (10-13-2011)

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by countybob View Post
    i know this is an old thread but wanted to add my opinion. i carry everywhere unless the posting has the force of law behind it, mostly gov buildings. most places that are posted can only ask you to leave, in wich case i would walk out the door never to return. if i can't have my gun, they can't have my money!
    Thanks for reviving the thread and poll...and we are always interested in your opinion!!!

rkb
    rkb

Member:

NRA
    TSRA
    TCHA
    USCCA
    OES, PM #316

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samual Adams
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."- Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by countybob View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly. If it ain't illegal to carry there I am carrying!

ASD Senior Member

I carry wherever I want to, pretty much, because I am a LEO in Florida. About the only exceptions to that would be a federal building of some sort(federal courthouse, VA hospital/clinic(except when I am in uniform).......that's pretty much about it. I carry when we go to Mass, to the store, over to friend's homes, everywhere. Even the theater(not that we can AFFORD to go to many movies these days........... THANK YOU MR. PRESIDENT!! ), but then I am authorized and REQUIRED to by both state law and agency policy.