shopify analytics ecommerce
ASD - Article: Bill O'Reilly supports gun confiscation in emergencies - The Original American Sheepdog!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Article: Article: Bill O'Reilly supports gun confiscation in emergencies

1. Article: Bill O'Reilly supports gun confiscation in emergencies

16 Comments by UGA Published on 02-19-2010 04:07 PM
    It takes only seconds to call the police, waiting for them to arrive could take the rest of your life...

2. Total Comments 16

Comments

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UGA View Post
    O'Reilly is ok, but I don't watch him much, out of sight ego and is terrible about interrupting his guests.

After Katrina, I heard some of his dialog about confiscation of weapons. He was on the radio in those days, and mentioned the old lady who was swinging her revolver around and he was glad she didn't hurt anyone and supported officers when they took her gun away. He didn't address any other incidents that day, such as the citizens arming to protect themselves against looters in Algeir's Point.

At the time, I had the feeling that he was grossly uninformed, and his staff had failed him in setting a firm foundation regarding the sensitivity of the 2A argument.

But I can't comment further....I just don't watch him enough anymore.

Rossi

What an idiot.

maybe that was too harsh...

nah.

what an idiot.

I like O'Reilly, and his show. I don't always agree with him, and I don't see him as a strict conservative. I see him more as a libertarian, which I believe he is. With that said, I still find it troubling that he had this opinion on the matter. I'd like to know if in hindsight, he still has this view.

The libertarians I know, are a little left of conservative purists but still fall right of the center. That's why I feel he should of had a stronger stand on defending the 2A.
    It takes only seconds to call the police, waiting for them to arrive could take the rest of your life...

This surprises me. I too like O'Reilly.

Hmmm....

I'm an OathKeeper in SC - all I can say about the attempted hatchet job on us is that it has resulted in almost 1,000 new members. Had a table set up at a gun show today - that was the main topic of interest and got us the most support.

Quote Originally Posted by hpj3 View Post
    I'm an OathKeeper in SC - all I can say about the attempted hatchet job on us is that it has resulted in almost 1,000 new members. Had a table set up at a gun show today - that was the main topic of interest and got us the most support.
    OathKeeper?

From the Oath Keepers website... A worthy group IMHO

Link: http://oathkeepers.org/oath/2009/03/...will-not-obey/

Oath Keepers is a non-partisan association of currently serving military, reserves, National Guard, peace officers, fire-fighters, and veterans who swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic … and meant it. We won’t “just follow orders.”

Below is our declaration of orders we will NOT obey because we will consider them unconstitutional (and thus unlawful) and immoral violations of the natural rights of the people. Such orders would be acts of war against the American people by their own government, and thus acts of treason. We will not make war against our own people. We will not commit treason. We will defend the Republic.
    Declaration of Orders We Will NOT Obey

1. We will NOT obey any order to disarm the American people.

2. We will NOT obey any order to conduct warrantless searches of the American people, their homes, vehicles, papers, or effects -- such as warrantless house-to house searches for weapons or persons.

3. We will NOT obey any order to detain American citizens as “unlawful enemy combatants” or to subject them to trial by military tribunal.

4. We will NOT obey orders to impose martial law or a “state of emergency” on a state, or to enter with force into a state, without the express consent and invitation of that state’s legislature and governor.

5. We will NOT obey orders to invade and subjugate any state that asserts its sovereignty and declares the national government to be in violation of the compact by which that state entered the Union.

6. We will NOT obey any order to blockade American cities, thus turning them into giant concentration camps.

7. We will NOT obey any order to force American citizens into any form of detention camps under any pretext.

8. We will NOT obey orders to assist or support the use of any foreign troops on U.S. soil against the American people to “keep the peace” or to “maintain control” during any emergency, or under any other pretext. We will consider such use of foreign troops against our people to be an invasion and an act of war.

9. We will NOT obey any orders to confiscate the property of the American people, including food and other essential supplies, under any emergency pretext whatsoever.

10. We will NOT obey any orders which infringe on the right of the people to free speech, to peaceably assemble, and to petition their government for a redress of grievances.

That is a beautiful thing!

I will add them to the list of people i love!

I cant belive i have never heard of these folks before!

I'm a member too. Even though I haven't been in a law enforcement role in over 6 years, and out of the military for more than 30.

O'Reilly is his own best friend, and worst enemy.
    I think he really believes that he's some sort of Constitutional scholar.
    The only thing the Constitution mentions about suspension of Liberty is in Article 1 Section 9 and speaks only to the writ of Habeas Corpus, which any first year law student can tell you has nothing to do with disarming ANYONE.

Similar Articles

1. Maine: Proposed Firearm Confiscation Bill Tabled in Augusta
    By Newt in forum NRA-ILA Current Legislation - Auto Feed
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-12-2010, 07:30 PM
  2. Maine: Proposed Firearm Confiscation Bill Scheduled for Debate in Augusta
    By Newt in forum NRA-ILA Current Legislation - Auto Feed
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-09-2010, 09:12 AM
  3. Bill O'Reilly supports gun confiscation in emergencies
    By UGA in forum Member Contributed News
    Replies: 1