shopify analytics ecommerce
ASD - Article: What didn't stop a killer and what did - The Original American Sheepdog!

Article: Article: What didn't stop a killer and what did

1. Article: What didn't stop a killer and what did

9 Comments by UGA Published on 02-27-2010 01:41 PM
    It takes only seconds to call the police, waiting for them to arrive could take the rest of your life...

2. Total Comments 9

Comments

Its so very simple. A child could understand it.

why cant the anti gunners understand it?

Logic dictates that they either:

A)Have never had it explained clearly
    B)Are mentally challenged to the point of not being able to function in normal life.
    C)Believe the police, like God, are everywhere, at all times.
    D)Have an alterer motive to disarming the public.

Am i missing anything?

Staff Contributor
    Blog Entries

not just die hard anti gunners, think of the school adminstrators who made or have to follow a policy of trained victimization.

Super Moderator
    A tent in the Mojave Desert next to Front Sight Training Institute
    Blog Entries

Decline, That's funny you said anti gunner and logic in the same question and kept a straight face.

Liberals do not base opinions on fact and logic, they base them on feelings. And, you are correct the people pulling the liberals strings have an alterior motive. Unlike a "tree-hugger" who really loves trees, their controllers only support the tree hugger until it is convenient to cut him down along with the trees.

Behind "feel-good" groups are nefarious forces bent on taking away everyone's individual liberty for the "greater good."
    Last edited by Sgt T; 02-28-2010 at 08:25 PM.

I had a lot of liberal friends at one time.
    Interesting thing about these folks was that they didn't believe in God. Didn't believe Jesus Christ was divine. Thought all religion was a waste of time and led to more trouble than it solved. They thought morality was relative.
    Well, maybe that's all true, and maybe it's not. I'm not going to go into that.
    But what I will comment on is the fact that these people, almost to a person, believed that using a firearm to destroy a threat was IMMORAL.
    They seemed to think, like the well known poster about the "superiority" of a woman who was dead, but hadn't taken another life, and the "inferiority" of the woman who shot the attempted rapist and killed him, that somehow self defense was not to be engaged in.
    They had this uninformed idea that Buddists, Hari Hari's, or Transendentalists had it right that defending ones self against violence was against the laws of nature.
    Never mind that even Ghandi, and the Dalai Llama both felt that defending oneself with arms is not only allowed, but to be encouraged.

Quote Originally Posted by SkivMarine View Post
    Never mind that even Ghandi, and the Dalai Llama both felt that defending oneself with arms is not only allowed, but to be encouraged.
    Ah, it's the old "pick and choose" philosophy.

What the sheep that follow these lines of thinking do is completely block the fact that evil does exist and that to continue to be a pacifist when confronted with evil is enabling evil and also exposing others to be victims of the evil one. This then makes them evil, does it not?
    Human beings understand and respect compassion, kindness, empathy, truth, fairness and logic.
    Predators respect strength

Quote Originally Posted by SkivMarine View Post
    ...They had this uninformed idea that Buddhists, Hari Hari's, or Transcendentalists had it right that defending ones self against violence was against the laws of nature...

How better to learn the laws of nature than to observe nature itself? Where in nature do the attacked not fight back?

I recently had the misfortune to be assigned to train a guy who claims to be both Christian and a Obama supporting democrat. I of course could not resist the temptation to engage him in a bit of logical discussion. I told him that i was surprised to find out that he was both Christian and democrat since philosophically those two would seem to be diametrically opposed. After explaining to him what all those words meant, he explained to me that republicans are all about control, they want to make us communist, they are only for the rich- he is not so he does not support them. he added that "they have never done anything for me".

I asked him that if i could provide not opinion, but hard, printed, proven fact that his conceptions were almost 100% opposite of the truth would he change his mind. he said no.

I then informed him that he is ignorant and a shame to anyone who can honestly call themselves a Christian. How, i asked him, do you think God looks upon someone who willfully ignores truth and believes lies which the bible says originate with Satan?

I really was a bit stunned that someone would admit that if they were proven to be beliving a lie that they would never the less continue to belive it.
    Last edited by Decline; 02-28-2010 at 08:02 PM.

Blog Entries

UGA: Your point is well taken....he was stopped with a gun.

This falls into place with studies of active shooters.....most are cowards, and will kill themselves or give up, at the first sign of serious resistance, which the armed citizen is in a position to administer.

Rossi

I really was a bit stunned that someone would admit that if they were proven to be beliving a lie that they would never the less continue to belive it.
    This goes deeper than you think. The pastor at my church is extremely liberal (the first liberal priest that I've ever met actually) and he and I had a short discussion about my school's recent attempt to allow professors to carry concealed on campus. He immediately said, "NO. The reason that there is so much violence in the world today is because there are so many guns. Allowing more would just make things worse. This is not a discussion." Then he just walked away, and started talking to someone else. He didn't even give me a chance to say anything back. This man is one of the most intelligent people that I know in all other areas of life. I've heard him say before that all people have the right to defend themselves. I guess just not with guns? Even he has bought into the liberal, feeling-based, false-logic that plagues us.

I hope that I get a chance to talk with him again soon, without him having an opportunity to just scurry away from the discussion. I'll bet that he's just afraid that if someone can give him some irrefutable logic, he'll have to change one of the "beliefs" that makes him liberal.

Great post UGA! Great replies everyone! Thank God that Phillip created this site so that we can escape the naivety of the world and spend some time enjoying discussion with sane people!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to texengineer For This Useful Post:

Decline (03-01-2010)

And we can use really big wurds.

Similar Articles

1. Guns stop crime
    By Newt in forum NRA-ILA Current Legislation - Auto Feed
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-11-2010, 09:28 AM
  2. A Different Kind Of Killer
    By Bebo in forum General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-19-2009, 10:18 PM