shopify analytics ecommerce
ASD - House of Death - The Original American Sheepdog!
Click Me
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: House of Death

ASD Senior Member

Default House of Death

Our local IDPA chapter, for the last 6 months has been designing a stage called the House of Death. It is not scored, it is a just for fun stage. It is a blind stage, you have no idea what you are getting into until you open the door, draw your pistol and get to it. Definitely not a self defense scenario, many hidden targets, moving targets. Basically a house clearing taken to the extreme. You are definitely on the offensive. Bring lots and lots of mags.
    In six months since we started this, not one single person has cleared the stage. That is over 300 shooters and counting. The two guys who designed this are simply evil. I have watched many shooters walk away shaking thier heads, not having gotten a single round off before they were 'dead'. I usually get into my second magazine before I die from a target I simply did not see and moved past or exposed myself to.
    Any one else do something like this at your shoots?
    HUG YOUR KIDS EVERY DAY AND TELL THEM YOU LOVE THEM
    R.I.P. Zachary, 6/19/95-10/25/12

Staff Contributor
    Blog Entries

Default that Rosemary ...

Hey michael, that sounds like a lot of fun to both do and to watch too .... maybe someday you will show me so i can check it out with you ....
    by the way, is your new avitar a real picture of your AR .. looks good .....
    I also have a great Rosemary story to tell you but it has to stay strickly between you and I, dont want her yelling at me for sharing with the whole forum!!!
    We were talking about water sports and I mentioned how dolphins can stay under water for a long time ... and she replies "well of course they do, they have fins and gills so they can breath under water!" .. there was a long silence as I rolled around on the floor and finally I got back up in my chair and wrote her back saying ... well the dolphins in texas may have gills but the other dolphins are air breathers!!"
    without missing a beat, she wrote back saying "of course they are, I was thinking of porpoise!"
    okay, i made up the reference to porpoise and she did not actually say that but it was funny none the less ... guess i will be hearing about this pretty soon .. she did dare me to tell the story. you just gotta love that Rosemary, she is soooo much fun ...
    Last edited by Bebo; 03-16-2010 at 02:01 AM.
    NRA
    Front sight
    USCCA
    AARL
    RACES
    ARES

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bebo View Post
    .. she did dare me to tell the story. you just gotta love that Rosemary, she is soooo much fun ...
    Is this what you call "suicide by keyboard?"
    If Obama is the answer, the question must have been really stupid!
    Official Certification: This is to warrant that the above post contains a minimum of 90% recycled words.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bebo View Post
    Hey michael, that sounds like a lot of fun to both do and to watch too .... maybe someday you will show me so i can check it out with you ....
    by the way, is your new avitar a real picture of your AR .. looks good .....
    I also have a great Rosemary story to tell you but it has to stay strickly between you and I, dont want her yelling at me for sharing with the whole forum!!!
    We were talking about water sports and I mentioned how dolphins can stay under water for a long time ... and she replies "well of course they do, they have fins and gills so they can breath under water!" .. there was a long silence as I rolled around on the floor and finally I got back up in my chair and wrote her back saying ... well the dolphins in texas may have gills but the other dolphins are air breathers!!"
    without missing a beat, she wrote back saying "of course they are, I was thinking of porpoise!"
    okay, i made up the reference to porpoise and she did not actually say that but it was funny none the less ... guess i will be hearing about this pretty soon .. she did dare me to tell the story. you just gotta love that Rosemary, she is soooo much fun ...
    If you wake up dead one morning don't come looking for me...

rkb
    Last edited by rkbartley; 03-16-2010 at 12:38 PM.
    rkb

Member:

NRA
    TSRA
    TCHA
    USCCA
    OES, PM #316

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samual Adams
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."- Thomas Jefferson

Staff Contributor
    Blog Entries

Default oops

Quote Originally Posted by dnola View Post
    Is this what you call "suicide by keyboard?"
    ooops ... sure did not take her long to find that post .... gotta feeling that anywhere i am the next time i meet rosemary, may turn into a kill house ... with me as the target ... geeezzzz if i could only find a dolphin with gills, i could escape by water !!!!
    NRA
    Front sight
    USCCA
    AARL
    RACES
    ARES

ASD Senior Member

I'm not really sure how to progress with this. Funny stuff for sure and yes, it IS suicide by keyboard.
    Rosemary, Bill is my friend but I cannot condone his behavior. Gills, sheesh. What do they teach you in schools down there in Texas anyway.....oh wait....it couldn't even possibly be the new liberal schools either from your admitted age....had to be old school.

Quote Originally Posted by mmszbi View Post
    I'm not really sure how to progress with this. Funny stuff for sure and yes, it IS suicide by keyboard.
    Rosemary, Bill is my friend but I cannot condone his behavior. Gills, sheesh. What do they teach you in schools down there in Texas anyway.....oh wait....it couldn't even possibly be the new liberal schools either from your admitted age....had to be old school.

When you started, I thought you were going to threaten to give a good paddling out behind the wood shed for hijacking your thread, then you go and commit keyboard suicide yourself. Geesh, I guess some guys like the thrill of never knowing when revenge is coming...

It takes only seconds to call the police, waiting for them to arrive could take the rest of your life...

Administrator

Talking Friends...what would I do with out them...

Quote Originally Posted by mmszbi View Post
    I was going to leave this alone and hope it just went away.... This is what I get for talking to Bebo and multi tasking at work at the same time ....he was talking dolphins and I was thinking about fish (yes, I do know that dolphin are not fish thank you very much).

What I told my very dear friend Bebo (the only reason he is still living) was, "Don't you dare mention this conversation..." Guess my VERY DEAR FRIEND took that as a dare...he will be dealt with the next time I see him in person. Michael, I will meet you eventually...and sweetie, I have a looong memory... However, before I do away with you, I would like to take a shot (no pun intented) at that House of Death....sounds like a blast!

rkb
    Last edited by rkbartley; 03-17-2010 at 04:21 PM.
    rkb

Member:

NRA
    TSRA
    TCHA
    USCCA
    OES, PM #316

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samual Adams
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."- Thomas Jefferson

Staff Contributor
    Blog Entries

Default video the kill house ....

Hey Michael, I just had a great idea, how about if you and I go to the shoot/kill house and I will video you doing the course and we can post it on the forum for others to see .. give that some thought and if it sounds good to you .. lets do it.
    geeeezzzzzz ... you attacked rosemarys age and old school .(not to mention gilled dolphins).. sure would not want to be you when she meets you, especially if she has a hair brush in her hand.... I can get away with it sometimes because I am old and crippled and work on her sympathy ..works sometimes.
    NRA
    Front sight
    USCCA
    AARL
    RACES
    ARES

ASD Senior Member

Well, the shoot is Saturday morning at the Rifle Gun Club. Signin starts at 9:30, shooting at 10:00. Bring $20 and shoot with us. Just might get you hooked on IDPA too....
    The House of Death is pretty tight quarters with the shooter and Safety Officer right on your tail don't think they would allow another person videoing, just too many folks too close. But, I have an idea, a friend has a helmet cam, I bet he would let me use it. Yea, that would get some great 1st person video!

And all this chiding going in Rosemary's direction....all in good fun, never meant to be harmful, if and when we meet she will just think she has known me for years....