shopify analytics ecommerce
ASD - House of Death - Page 2 - The Original American Sheepdog!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: House of Death

Administrator

Wink All is well....

Quote Originally Posted by mmszbi View Post
    And all this chiding going in Rosemary's direction...all in good fun, never meant to be harmful, if and when we meet she will just think she has known me for years...
    Michael...sweetie...I've been playing with Bill and his sick sense of humor for what seems like years and years. Your good fun and chiding was never taken as anything more than how it was given...so carry on darlin'. I can take and dish it out pretty well too! (May come from living in a house full of men for most of my life?) No harm, no foul...okay?

(However, this doesn't mean you are exempt from the fly swatter or wooden spoon when we meet! )

rkb
    rkb

Member:

NRA
    TSRA
    TCHA
    USCCA
    OES, PM #316

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samual Adams
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."- Thomas Jefferson

But, I have an idea, a friend has a helmet cam, I bet he would let me use it. Yea, that would get some great 1st person video!
    If its ok, send me a copy of it. I have an ASD YouTube account, we could upload it and embed it here on the forum. It's a thought....
    It takes only seconds to call the police, waiting for them to arrive could take the rest of your life...

Staff Contributor
    Blog Entries

Default Helmet cam ... great idea ...

Michael, a helmet cam could be way too cool to show the first person perspective ... love that Idea .. I work on saturday and if I went shooting early in the morning, I would just call off work the rest of the day ... who wants to go to work after a fun day shooting??
    I am looking forward to the time when you and Rosemary get to meet each other, you are both truly great people and will instantly hit it off together ...That rosemary has raised two grown hairy legged young men, so she can handle most anything I can think of .... no problem. As much as I enjoy you as a shooting partner, gotta admit that I sure enjoy Rosemary smacking me with a wooden spoon from time to time more.
    NRA
    Front sight
    USCCA
    AARL
    RACES
    ARES

Blog Entries

Sounds like a great shoot house. Are there any DVD's of it? And one more question.....can they really change the scene all that much?

To answer your question....no we have nothing cool like that.

Rossi

ASD Senior Member

Yea, they do change it a LOT. The shoothouse consists of a large storage shed, a door on each end. There are 4 windows with targets outside, no targets inside. The shed has been altered to have several wall panels on rollers that can be reconfigured. Once you have cleared the targets from inside the building, you progress out the back door (first clearing those targets that can get ya) and proceed to clear the targets outside, hopefully getting to the prize of touching the bowling pin. Nothing can be seen of what is outside as they have put up landscaping cloth to block all sight of anything other than the front door. This is very much an offensive clearing scenario, with not only the window targets, some of which are movers, disappearing ones, poppers that start other targets....there are also curtains hung that in the breeze may expose you to targets, even momentarily. Quite stressful, but a lot of fun. I would love to try it out with my AR.

My buddy has allowed me to use his helmet cam, should be very cool. Will send in the video....
    Last edited by mmszbi; 03-19-2010 at 08:51 PM.
    HUG YOUR KIDS EVERY DAY AND TELL THEM YOU LOVE THEM
    R.I.P. Zachary, 6/19/95-10/25/12

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mmszbi For This Useful Post:

Bebo (03-20-2010)

My buddy has allowed me to use his helmet cam, should be very cool. Will send in the video....
    looking forward to that!

Quote Originally Posted by Decline View Post
    looking forward to that!
    Ditto!
    ASD's Official Spam Looker-Outer-Dude (OSLOD)

"[A]rms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

ASD Senior Member

Well, the video will have to wait for next months shoot. Way to shaky, can't seem to get a good tight hold on my head without ripping out what little hair I have left. Then had trouble keeping the camera on, and pointed in the right direction. So, long story short, video sucked.
    Oh well, there is next month!
    Finished the IDPA shoot, drove home, unpacked, repacked and drove another hour to another range and finished a class (range portion) that I started earlier in the week. All in all a great day shooting. I love helping folks along in their firearms journey, that is what it is, a journey. You are never done traveling the path.
    HUG YOUR KIDS EVERY DAY AND TELL THEM YOU LOVE THEM
    R.I.P. Zachary, 6/19/95-10/25/12

I wonder if a camara could be mounted to the gun?

That would be fun to watch. Might cause a bit of motion sickness not for those who are sensitive to viewing sharp upward thrusting motions...
    ASD's Official Spam Looker-Outer-Dude (OSLOD)

"[A]rms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine