shopify analytics ecommerce
ASD - Kubaton keychains - The Original American Sheepdog!

Thread: Kubaton keychains

Question Kubaton keychains

Has anyone ever bought one of these for self-defense? I have no interest, I'll stick to a gun!

http://www.selfdefenseproducts.com/kub.htm

Super Moderator
    A tent in the Mojave Desert next to Front Sight Training Institute
    Blog Entries

I have an assortment of weapons at my disposal. Pepper spray, knife, super bright flashlight, keys, martial art techniques (though I am not a black belt or anything close, just what I learned in my various jobs). I even have a kubaton. There may be a time when getting to your firearm is almost impossible. Other options should always be available. Never limit yourself to one option.

I believe Clint Smith of Thunder Ranch says (paraphrasing here) a pistol's main purpose is to allow you to fight your way to a rifle. A kubaton might be the tool that lets you fight your way to your pistol.

Also, lets say I am accosted by an aggressive vagrant. I can probably get away with using pepper spray or my flashlight to get out of his area. But I would not be justified in brandishing a firearm, much less shooting them. Even in Texas, which is pretty conservative and has the "castle doctrine" there is still a force escalation that must be met.

When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor
    NRA Range Safety Officer
    NRA Recruiter
    TSRA Benefactor Life Member
    VFW Life Member
    Member, Optimist International
    Member, USCCA
    Former Juvenile Boot Camp Drill Instructor
    Former USAF/Security Police
    Do the right thing because it's the right thing to do.

I have one of the Ninja keychain's. A friend of mine got it for me one year for Christmas. I have never used it but I have it put up in a drawer in the bedroom. I have to admit, the thing is wicked.
    My concealed carry permit is the 2nd.Amendment
    NRA Member
    WVCDL Member
    SHEEPDOG!

ASD Senior Member

Blog Entries

I have a kubaton (dejammer) designed by Massad Ayoob on my keychain. I have to agree with Sgt T, a kubaton may allow you just enough time and distance to get to your gun. It is better than nothing. I also have some martial arts training, so I can use my hands.
    Retired USAF
    NRA Certified Instructor (several disciplines)
    Combat FocusŪ Shooting Instructor
    Certified SIG Armorer
    ACLDN Affliated Instructor
    www.nwfft.com
    barry@nwfft.com

ASD Senior Member

I had one, even went through the training class for it with the agency I was working for before I went into the Army in the early '80's. Nice piece of equipment, but I stopped carrying it when I went to the airport to fly somewhere in the late '80's and they told me I needed to put it in my check-in luggage because it was considered to be a "weapon".
    The training I went through to carry it was not difficult, but it was pretty brutal(or maybe it was just the instructor, he was a prick and I never did like his ***!), I had bruises on all of my pressure points and was sore for days, and I was much younger and was in really good shape when I went through this class.