shopify analytics ecommerce
ASD - Military Reserve Base - The Original American Sheepdog!
Click Me

Thread: Military Reserve Base

Default Military Reserve Base

Hey Everyone,

I just found out that I am going to be working on a new project building an Air Force Reserve Center onto a little reserve base in Marana, AZ called Pinal Air Park. Since I know that several of you are former or current military, I was wondering if anyone had more info for me on what I could do with my gun while I'm on site. The base isn't very big; so, parking outside and walking in wouldn't be too bad. Will they have a way for me to leave my gun with them when I get there, and pick it up on my way out? I really have no idea how it works. I've been trying to find a number to call and talk to a base supervisor or something who can tell me exactly what he expects, but I haven't had any luck. Any suggestions? Thanks!

-Aidan
    Last edited by texengineer; 04-15-2010 at 09:51 AM.
    ASD's Official Spam Looker-Outer-Dude (OSLOD)

"[A]rms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

Blog Entries

Boy, I kinda' think I will confuse your thread with this but......

We had a pretty big thread on this carry at work issue, but I don't know what it is under. This was my point one time about naming a thread that clearly defined the subject.

Carrying on a military base was another one.....I think the bottom line was it's a no-no, and it goes back to the Clinton years. But.....there is wide enforcement compliance from base commanders. An outsider could plead ignorance, especially with the military base active shooter recently. It's tough working with the government, as they are shattering over-reactors to a perceived danger.

There, now.....don't you feel more informed?

You might give us a little more about what the project is and the tools or tool boxes needed to handle it.

If I was doing it (and that's a big leap) I would stop asking anyone anything, thus drawing attention to yourself. Possibly a better move is to go unarmed a few times to get a better lay of the land. This small base might end up being a don't ask, don't tell, regarding firearms.

Rossi

Quote Originally Posted by Rossi View Post
    There, now.....don't you feel more informed?
    I don't know about more informed...but I might feel a little less uninformed

You might give us a little more about what the project is and the tools or tool boxes needed to handle it.
    I'm an engineer, so I don't really have access to the tools and tool boxes. It's a $27M project; so, there will be a lot of equipment on site.

If I was doing it (and that's a big leap) I would stop asking anyone anything, thus drawing attention to yourself. Possibly a better move is to go unarmed a few times to get a better lay of the land. This small base might end up being a don't ask, don't tell, regarding firearms.
    I'm still not 21, so carrying really isn't an option at all for me. I'd be ok being allowed to leave the gun in my car. It's no worse than leaving it in my car right outside my office on my current jobsite. I just want to avoid a no tolerance policy of some kind that would force me to leave the gun at home. I just don't want to test the theory and have a dog sniff out the gun in my car. It happened to a coworker at Ft. Huachuka. He was imprisoned on base, had to pay a fine, and got fired. I'd like to avoid that...
    ASD's Official Spam Looker-Outer-Dude (OSLOD)

"[A]rms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

Blog Entries

Ah yes, I see what your saying. Weapon in car is better than nothing.

Speaking of guns in a car there is this:
    (from a previous post where the thread was Virginia Tech.)

I would respectfully submit that the Main Stream Media is generally lazy, clueless and bias. An interesting specimen would be the LAST Virginia school shooting with a much different outcome. The first link details the incident which occurred on January 16, 2002 at Grundy, VA, where there were 3 killed and 3 wounded, but the perp was stopped cold by two lawfully armed permit holders.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appalac...f_Law_shooting

In this disgraceful article by CNN, the incidentis covered with no mention of the courageous citizens who risked their lives to stop further shooting, mentioning only that the perp was tackled by students.

http://archives.cnn.com/2002/US/01/1...ing/index.html

This article recaps the shooting as the school debates it's concealed carry rules which states no firearms on campus.

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewNation.as...20020917a.html

Rossi

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rossi For This Useful Post:

texengineer (04-16-2010)