shopify analytics ecommerce
ASD - No wedding invitation yet ???? - The Original American Sheepdog!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No wedding invitation yet ????

Staff Contributor
    Blog Entries

Default No wedding invitation yet ????

Now it just occured to me that I have not received a wedding invitation from Aidan (Texengineer) yet .. i am sure it must be an over sight ... just can not imagine him not wanting all the folks from ASD not attending his wedding and staying over with the newly weds for a post wedding day at the range??
    how else will we be able to give him great Honeymoon advice and handgun training at the same time??
    NRA
    Front sight
    USCCA
    AARL
    RACES
    ARES

Administrator

Bebo....you are so bad. I don't even know how to respond to this.......

rkb
    rkb

Member:

NRA
    TSRA
    TCHA
    USCCA
    OES, PM #316

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samual Adams
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."- Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Bebo View Post
    Now it just occured to me that I have not received a wedding invitation from Aidan (Texengineer) yet .. i am sure it must be an over sight ... just can not imagine him not wanting all the folks from ASD not attending his wedding and staying over with the newly weds for a post wedding day at the range??
    how else will we be able to give him great Honeymoon advice and handgun training at the same time??
    HAHA! Well, bebo, we will be sending out save the dates soon, but I already don't have much faith in the postal service and I'm not sure how long it would take them to get you an envelope addressed:

Bill a.k.a. "Bebo"
    Somewhere in Colorado
    He looks like this:
    bebo joke..png

The date will probably have passed by the time you get the save the date...which will be too late for you to RSVP, so there wouldn't have been enough crab cakes for you at the reception. I know it's rough, but it's tradition, and I'm a traditional kind of guy.
    ASD's Official Spam Looker-Outer-Dude (OSLOD)

"[A]rms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

Staff Contributor
    Blog Entries

Default dang postal service ...

Well heck ... first Phillips checks in the mail and now your wedding invitation ... we have just got to reform the postal service.

also, that is an old picture .. I dont look like that anymore, I let my hair grow out ... so now I have braids under my arms ...
    Last edited by Bebo; 04-21-2010 at 07:03 PM.
    NRA
    Front sight
    USCCA
    AARL
    RACES
    ARES

Well heck ... first Phillips checks in the mail and now your wedding invitation ... we have just got to reform the postal service.
    Agreed. Let's revert to the pony express. I'll bet all of the tree huggers would LOVE the reduced dependence on gasoline! They might flip when they find out that horses are major contributors to the creation of methane gas though... Then the PETA people would be angry about the tree huggers' talking smack about horses. Then they'd start a passive aggressive war of silly demonstrations, with Rossie O'Donnell caught in the middle. The million mom march would try to come save her but not be able to because they're outnumbered and don't have guns... They'll just stand there throwing flawed logic back and forth until they all share the same silly beliefs and morph into a mob that's so stupid and foolish that they forget to eat, and when they finally realize it there are SOO many of them that they the local Vegan store can't feed them all and they slowly die of starvation.

After that's all done Obama will have lost the majority of his supporters and we can impeach him and go back to being a true capitalistic republic that enjoys a completely uninfringed right to bear arms, and we all live happily ever after

"[A]rms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to texengineer For This Useful Post:

mmszbi (04-23-2010), rkbartley (04-22-2010), UGA (04-21-2010)

Staff Contributor
    Blog Entries

Default bed time story ...

Aidan, I like the way you think!!!
    NRA
    Front sight
    USCCA
    AARL
    RACES
    ARES

Aidan, I like the way you think!!!
    Dang Bebo, I think you have met your match with Aiden... He is as sarcastic as you. Cool!
    It takes only seconds to call the police, waiting for them to arrive could take the rest of your life...

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UGA For This Useful Post:

mmszbi (04-23-2010), rkbartley (04-22-2010)

Blog Entries

The only thing the Postal Service delivers to Enemies of the State are bills. All else hits the recycle.

Rossi

I concur. Tex, as an up and coming ASD member/engineer you are much more important than you used to be. The fact that i grace you with my time is telling enough. Ask RKB i dont just talk to anyone who isnt up to my own personal level of awesome.

That being said, wouldnt you feel more comfortable with all of ASD at your wedding as "Personal Protection"

I mean sure, you'll have your groomsmen and what not but while you are front and center... who will keep watch at the exits?

Respond or face the wrath.

That is all. Carry on.
    Fortes Fortuna Adjuvat

Fortune Favors the Brave

Quote Originally Posted by JavamanX View Post
    I concur. Tex, as an up and coming ASD member/engineer you are much more important than you used to be. The fact that i grace you with my time is telling enough. Ask RKB i dont just talk to anyone who isnt up to my own personal level of awesome.

That being said, wouldnt you feel more comfortable with all of ASD at your wedding as "Personal Protection"

I mean sure, you'll have your groomsmen and what not but while you are front and center... who will keep watch at the exits?

Respond or face the wrath.

That is all. Carry on.
    HAHA! Well thanks! It's an honor to be placed into your particular level of awesome

As far as wedding protection goes, I'm thinking that I might look into some tactical tuxedos for myself and the groomsmen. You know, something that looks nice on the outside but has the capacity to comfortably conceal 1 machine pistol, 2 full sized pistols, 1 compact pistol and about 6-8 mags for each. Standing up at the altar with all of that would just be downright uncomfortable without a proper tactical tux. And I know...I know...all of us with just pistols, not good for long range...SO, the priest (a good friend of mine who is very into shooting) should have 2 AR's under his vestments: one set up for long range with a high power scope and long barrel, and one set up for close range with a red dot. He'd have about 8 mags for each. Of course...my Fiance will have her CCW by then too...and her dress is probably gonna have a decent amount of space...I'll have to think about that one. (Any suggestions?) Two of my uncles and several of my other friends are CCWs. They'd be spread out in the crowd as Ushers to watch from within. So the inside is pretty much taken care of. ASDer's could probably be positioned at the entrances and exits and the perimeter of the church property.

But like I told Bebo...I'm a traditional kind of guy. I'll send out save the dates, and invitations, and you have to respond to the formal invitation if you're gonna come. I can send one to "JavamanX: South East Tennessee", and "Phillip a.k.a. UGA: Somewhere in Tennessee", and "Rosemary K. Bartley, Central Texas", etc, etc...but I really don't think that the post office will get them to you on time...even if I do include a picture of you like on Bebo's. But I can sure as hell try.

Sound good?