shopify analytics ecommerce
ASD - One LEO's take on Sheepdogs - Page 5 - The Original American Sheepdog!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: One LEO's take on Sheepdogs

Quote Originally Posted by UGA View Post
    Yeah, I got it. Short Kilt with a big waistband.
    AHHH. Touche`!;)

ASD Senior Member

It is unfortunate for this LEO to have the attitude he does. Where I am from and from listening to the State Troopers radios (legally, I might add) most traffic offenders that have a CCW here get off with a verbal warning, not a citation. I am not LE, nor do I wish to be, but work daily and on first name basis with many of our fine troopers. Some are shooters, some are not. I can attest to the outstanding attitudes the vast majority of our troopers have towards us that have CCW's and the public in general and have a standing invitation to shoot with them every quarter at their qualifications. The LEO who posted this simply has the wrong viewpoint of us as civilians, with or without CCW's and I feel that someday, something bad will happen due to the attitude displayed.:(
    HUG YOUR KIDS EVERY DAY AND TELL THEM YOU LOVE THEM
    R.I.P. Zachary, 6/19/95-10/25/12

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mmszbi For This Useful Post:

Eccentric (10-01-2009), suncat05 (07-22-2012)

Good to know, mmszbi, and I agree, that one rotten apple is riding for a fall or some poor soul will suffer.
    Human beings understand and respect compassion, kindness, empathy, truth, fairness and logic.
    Predators respect strength

ASD Senior Member

As many of the LEO's here do, I deal with legally armed citizens every day. They tell me they're legally armed and I am fine with that.
    One of these armed citizens may have to come to my rescue someday. I hope not, for everyone's sake, but if that should happen, I will not be one bit upset. We're all here to help each other when necessary, at least that is my belief. I have not ever, in my entire law enforcement career, had any law abiding citizen draw a weapon on me or threaten me with one either. I can't say the same for a couple of the career criminals I have had to deal with, and therein lies the difference: law abiding citizens have their weapons for self defense and defense of loved ones and property, for work, for sport shooting & hunting, and nothing else. They have what the Constitution legally allows them to have, for the reasons enumerated by the Constitution and the Founding Fathers.
    As far as I am concerned, when having to deal with a criminal and if I have an armed citizen nearby that can help if law enforcement assistance isn't readily available yet, then I welcome that armed citizen's help, and also his witness statement as to what happened afterwards.

Legally armed lawful citizens do not bother me in the least. I welcome their presence.

Good post, Suncat.........
    Human beings understand and respect compassion, kindness, empathy, truth, fairness and logic.
    Predators respect strength

ASD Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by sacha View Post
    There are two ways I look at this guy:

1: Most LEOs became LEOs for the right reasons. There are a few, and I'm guessing that this guy is one of them, that did it to feel powerful. These were the bullies when they were in school, and this is their "adult" form of bullying.

2: I find it very frustrating when people make the mistake of thinking that a professional is better at something than an amateur. Getting paid to do something does NOT make you better or more qualified. In fact, I'd argue that the amateur, that does it for free, based only on their genuine desire to do something is frequently better than the professional.
    I fully agree with sacha on her point. Well made and articulated in the correct manner.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to suncat05 For This Useful Post:

UGA (06-05-2015)