shopify analytics ecommerce
ASD - Bout time - The Original American Sheepdog!
Click Me

Thread: Bout time

Default Bout time

Hat's off to the Governor of Arizona, it is about time someone stood up and finally REALLY addressed the immigration issue! FINALLY. She may not get reelected but WOW, at least the has the cajones to speak out and address the issue. BJ

I fear an amnesty bill from Akmed Obama now but I too am glad someone took a hard stand on an issue that is not so politically correct. The Dem's want the votes, that's why they are against it, it's so in your face it's pathetic. It's already illegal to be here ILLEGALLY! What's the problem with enforcing the law as it stands? Oh yeah, I forgot... Laws only restrict the lawful.
    It takes only seconds to call the police, waiting for them to arrive could take the rest of your life...

People have been raising hell about this right and left. It's driving me NUTS!! All it does is strengthen preemption in Arizona so that counties and cities can't more lenient with immigration laws than the state or fed, and it lets LEOs ask for proof of citizenship if they have a probable cause to believe that someone is here illegally. Then all that suspect person has to do is show a drivers license, passport, work visa, student visa, whatever...it's not a big deal...at all. Brewer's economic policies SUCK! But her progress with 2A rights and general legal issues have an A in my book.
    ASD's Official Spam Looker-Outer-Dude (OSLOD)

"[A]rms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

And we have slowbama saying that this law is "misguided". I wouldn't read too much into that though; he also said the Constitution was a "flawed document" that didn't let him do what he wanted.

He is actually going to have the justice department look into this to see if it's un-Constitutional! In other words, he's looking for a way to make a sovereign state NOT enforce the law!

Well, the feds haven't kept up their part of the deal. They are failing to secure our borders even after an attack on our soil that killed the most Americans in one day since Antietam in 1862.

Arizona has always marched to it's own drummer in certain things. And they've never had to change anything before. So I say; "keep up the pressure on the feds"!!

Absolutely hats off to Arizona!! This may be the wake-up call for all those who haven't liked what has been going on in the country, but stand around wringing their collective hands because, "There's nothing you can do about it." Somebody has to begin the "standing up" process with peaceable actions rather than just words, this may be it. When I heard that swastikas had been "painted" on the windows of the capitol with refried beans, I was livid. What solid new citizens they'll make!
    Last edited by Eccentric; 04-27-2010 at 04:58 PM.
    Human beings understand and respect compassion, kindness, empathy, truth, fairness and logic.
    Predators respect strength

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by texengineer View Post
    People have been raising hell about this right and left. It's driving me NUTS!! All it does is strengthen preemption in Arizona so that counties and cities can't more lenient with immigration laws than the state or fed, and it lets LEOs ask for proof of citizenship if they have a probable cause to believe that someone is here illegally. Then all that suspect person has to do is show a drivers license, passport, work visa, student visa, whatever...it's not a big deal...at all. Brewer's economic policies SUCK! But her progress with 2A rights and general legal issues have an A in my book.
    Tex'er, glad you posted this, as that is exactly the way I saw this after talking to border watch operators in the area.

I'm not close enough to the situation to talk about her economics, but passing a law that slaps political correctness in the face; that 70% of the citizens want; defiance of the Feds, seems pretty courageous to me.

Tell Holder when he comes to see if there are any violation of civil rights to criminals, have him bring 10,000 law enforcers with him.

Rossi

I hear that Texas is working on a bill similar to the one that just passed here in Arizona! Both of my states ROCK!!
    ASD's Official Spam Looker-Outer-Dude (OSLOD)

"[A]rms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine